Shopping spree!

ChrisL

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

The EVP who ran the fishing tournament for vets gave me 5,000 points on the company store for all I did for the event.

Holy schiznit nothing on the store is more than 5,000 points and there is some bad ass stuff I can get!  

I’m eyeing several Garmin products to include a 530 and some gps watches for runs & hikes.  I could also get his & her kayaks!

Hmm decisions decisions…

This was very nice of him. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I have the Edge 520 but was going to give it to my wife if I got 530.  She said it really wasn’t that important to her so I’ll take a pass on 530.  

I would be happy to take the 520 or 530 since you don't want either!  Heh heh....

A christmas Ipad is pretty good for the wife, too! 

You should have kept quiet about the windfall and snuck the ipad under the tree.  "Hey wifey, not just a dick in a box for Christmas this year!"

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I would be happy to take the 520 or 530 since you don't want either!  Heh heh....

A christmas Ipad is pretty good for the wife, too! 

You should have kept quiet about the windfall and snuck the ipad under the tree.  "Hey wifey, not just a dick in a box for Christmas this year!"

I was telling my riding buddy about this last night and he said he got a knife set for hitting 30 years with his company and he hid it in the garage & gave it to his wife for Christmas.  I said really, you couldn’t have bought her a gift? Why, she wanted a new set of knives and I had one to give her…

Freaking cheep bastard! 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

See women are nice like that

She’s good people.  My bosses boss is also a female and a really good person to work with.

About 1/2 of our VP’s are women and we really empower the Executive Assistants.  All of them are well paid kick ass women who get shit done.  

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I was telling my riding buddy about this last night and he said he got a knife set for hitting 30 years with his company and he hid it in the garage & gave it to his wife for Christmas.  I said really, you couldn’t have bought her a gift? Why, she wanted a new set of knives and I had one to give her…

Freaking cheep bastard! 

What?  Sometimes the stars just line up right, and that was an example that karma has favored him AND his wife.  It was meant to be, he shouldn't feel anything but happy about it!

• Awesome 1

OK so the search narrowed.  WOChrisL basically said it’s your gift get what you want.  She said don’t buy anything for her. 

Kayaks would be fun but storage is an issue and we would need to invest in car racks & accessories. I think I’ll pass.

I am now torn between Le Creuscet cookware or just getting an AMEX gift card for $500.  The only things I really need are bike related  and not available on the site or any other card they offer. Although they do offer a Cabela’s card and fishing stuff would be fun but I don’t need that much stuff…

I’ll sleep on it a bit longer, there is no timeline to purchase as the points won’t expire.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:11 PM, ChrisL said:

Freaking cheep bastard! 

I am still not understanding why he is cheap.  He COULD have spent money he didn't have to spend, but why?  

Anyway, get the AMEX card, it seems like the only logical choice now that the others are precluded.  Or you could get the Ipad, but with an Amex giftee, you could do that at the Apple store instead.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

OK so the search narrowed.  WOChrisL basically said it’s your gift get what you want.  She said don’t buy anything for her. 

Kayaks would be fun but storage is an issue and we would need to invest in car racks & accessories. I think I’ll pass.

I am now torn between Le Creuscet cookware or just getting an AMEX gift card for $500.  The only things I really need are bike related  and not available on the site or any other card they offer. Although they do offer a Cabela’s card and fishing stuff would be fun but I don’t need that much stuff…

I’ll sleep on it a bit longer, there is no timeline to purchase as the points won’t expire.

Do kayaks = $500???  I'd consider the kayaks (even with storage concerns) if you would really use them.  Otherwise, the Amex seems the most versatile as that could be bike parts, a spa day, or several dinners out.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Do kayaks = $500???  I'd consider the kayaks (even with storage concerns) if you would really use them.  Otherwise, the Amex seems the most versatile as that could be bike parts, a spa day, or several dinners out.

Yeah there is a kayak that’s 2400 points but it’s just a basic sit in kayak.  No paddle or such.  They have some decked out kayaks but I could just get the one. 

We have a nearby aquatic center so we can rent them anytime we wanted. Just seems to make more sense to rent them. 

• Heart 1

55 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

WOChrisL basically said it’s your gift get what you want.  She said don’t buy anything for her. 

Hmmm....  this could be a 'test' by WOChristL to see what you will do.   

I've failed those hidden tests more than a few times.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Hmmm....  this could be a 'test' by WOChristL to see what you will do.   

I've failed those hidden tests more than a few times.  

I was paraphrasing but the gist of the discussion is if I really wanted a tablet I’ll just buy one myself. You earned the gift so get what YOU want…

She’s a straight shooter that way. 

• Heart 1