Chili accoutrements?

Ralphie

Today I am going with hot sauce and leftover pickled banana peppers.  Yesterday I went with red chili peppers.  Hmm, I do have scallions so them too today.  Thinly sliced jalapenos are my normal go to for this porpoise, but I bought the Yowsers chili peppers instead this time.  They are good, but just don;t have that crispiness that jalapenos are so good at.

This is one more reason I love the cheap froot and veggie place. They often have new to me items.  These say sweet but they do have some heat. 

EDC327A9-247E-4E62-9FE1-75428C06152B.jpeg

• Heart 3

18 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Today I am going with hot sauce and leftover pickled banana peppers.  Yesterday I went with red chili peppers.  Hmm, I do have scallions so them too today.  Thinly sliced jalapenos are my normal go to for this porpoise, but I bought the Yowsers chili peppers instead this time.  They are good, but just don;t have that crispiness that jalapenos are so good at.

This is one more reason I love the cheap froot and veggie place. They often have new to me items.  These say sweet but they do have some heat. 

EDC327A9-247E-4E62-9FE1-75428C06152B.jpeg

I can send you some hot peppers. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

a nice sweet onion?  Purple, green?  I normally use a sweet yellow onion.

I think my wife has been almost exclusively purchasing sweet white onions, so usually those, but I guess sometimes it is a Spanish yellow one.  Also once in a while we have purple ones or shallots.  Sweet yellow?  I didn't know they made those!

Just now, jsharr said:

a nice sweet onion?  Purple, green?  I normally use a sweet yellow onion.

I used Vidalla onions on my chili this week. I put jalapeños and garlic in it too. I had a bag of peeled garlic cloves that needed used up, it made interesting tasting chili. I made enough for three days the last two days I served it over baked potato.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I used Vidalla onions on my chili this week. I put jalapeños and garlic in it too. I had a bag of peeled garlic cloves that needed used up, it made interesting tasting chili. I made enough for three days the last two days I served it over baked potato.

I love the big chunks of garlic in some Eyetalian dishes.  My wife only buys the minced stuff.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I think my wife has been almost exclusively purchasing sweet white onions, so usually those, but I guess sometimes it is a Spanish yellow one.  Also once in a while we have purple ones or shallots.  Sweet yellow?  I didn't know they made those!

Look for Vidalia or 1015y Texas Super Sweet onions.

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

I love the big chunks of garlic in some Eyetalian dishes.  My wife only buys the minced stuff.

The already peeled garlic cloves were a great invention. I put them in the chicken and pasta sauce I made this week. It was a lazy cooking week for me. I made chili and pasta and are all week. All I had to make fresh each day was the salad.