A hike in the big woods

petitepedal

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Nice!  But those trees aren't exactly screaming "big" woods.  They look a little scrawny to me! :happyanim:

We did a pretty short loop...I am sure we would have encountered bigger trees...I have to carefully plan these expeditions..2 miles of easy hiking is about max for my neighbor..she is about 6 or 7 years older than me.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

Says the guy from Virginia. 

It is amazing the difference in VA and on the East Coast between "old" and "new" forests.  We hike in a park where you go from a farmland that was turned back to woods maybe 50 years ago that then gets into protected riverfront woods that have been untouched (relatively) for 100s of years.  You literally see the transition as trunks go from pretty thin to much wider and taller trees of the same type.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It is amazing the difference in VA and on the East Coast between "old" and "new" forests.  We hike in a park where you go from a farmland that was turned back to woods maybe 50 years ago that then gets into protected riverfront woods that have been untouched (relatively) for 100s of years.  You literally see the transition as trunks go from pretty thin to much wider and taller trees of the same type.

Same around here

Most of the state forest was clear cut in the early 1900's but there are a few pockets of old growth hemlock they missed. The old trees are huge.

Always great to take a hike in the woods. I am taking it a step further. My weekend project is completing my first video for general public viewing (vs private link viewing among family).

Timeline complete, now beginning voiceover. With the exception of three clips where I am on camera (Welcome, orienting pre-hike with trail map, and summary review) all audio was silenced due to road construction noise and picking up crunch, crunch, crunch with each step. Audio will be background music and voiceover noting various features.

No GoPro here, this was shot with my Sony DSLR in a Ronin stabilizer. Really need to work on my on-camera speech delivery but voiceover type in Word and read.

video 2500p.jpg

• Awesome 1