129 more needed to make goal for Saturday

Airehead

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I’d feel more like celebrating if @Square Wheels could confirm that our post count goal is unrelated to ad content. 

The goal gimmick was implemented with the intent of doing exactly what it is doing, generating excitement.

Are goals unrelated to revenue?  No.

The more traffic my site gets, the more money I get from ads.

To be fully transparent I have three site that costs well over a thousand dollars a year to run.  The servers cost about 750, the software costs about 500 or so.  One site (not this site) generates ad revenue from industry advertisers.  Sadly, I am down to three advertisers and not sure if I'll be able to get more.  The google ads from all three sites combined generate about 200 to 300 a year, yes, that's a year.  YouTube users with a million+ subscribers and lots of new content can make 10 or more thousand a month. 

Sorry if the ads turn some people off, I try to keep them to a minimum.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

The goal gimmick was implemented with the intent of doing exactly what it is doing, generating excitement.

Are goals unrelated to revenue?  No.

The more traffic my site gets, the more money I get from ads.

To be fully transparent I have three site that costs well over a thousand dollars a year to run.  The servers cost about 750, the software costs about 500 or so.  One site (not this site) generates ad revenue from industry advertisers.  Sadly, I am down to three advertisers and not sure if I'll be able to get more.  The google ads from all three sites combined generate about 200 to 300 a year, yes, that's a year.  YouTube users with a million+ subscribers and lots of new content can make 10 or more thousand a month. 

People have a choice-- ads or a very nominal fee to become a member.  For most just a couple cups of coffee.  Ads are not a requirement, they are a choice.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I really like fashion ads. If posting more generates revenue from fashion ads, I’ll raise the level of excitement, for sure. 

I can be very provocative. :speedy: