JIT and my Kohl's trip

Ralphie

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

I still remember my coworker who went shopping at Kohls for something for the kids.  When he checked out with NO COUPONS the checkout clerk suggested that he check with his wife next time because nobody shops at Kohls without a coupon.

My wife started lambasting me until she realized 30% of $4.50 was not much. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Further said:

I have never been in Kohls, I thought they were a clothing store, had no idea they sold carburetors 

Kohls has clothes, household items and some miscellaneous items like jewelry.  But they also have a desk to accept Amazon returns.

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I finally worked up the energy to return the carburetor I bought for the generator that didn't fit. One day left on the 30 day return window.  As God as my witness, I thought it was longer with Amazon.  So when you take it back to Kohls they give you a $5 coupon with a week or two life, so of course that forced me to check oot the clearance rack (which those sneaky bastards moved BTW), so got a nice shirt for $4.50.  Almost got a free one but an XL slim fit did not balance oot quite enough. :whistle:  Now I need to try another carburetor for the generator.  I was joking with my brother who is sirius aboot buying an electric riding mower that an electric generator would be nice so you don;t have to worry about the carburetor plugging up!  :P

But how did this make you feel?   :dontknow:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Kohls has clothes, household items and some miscellaneous items like jewelry.  But they also have a desk to accept Amazon returns.

Other than the Amazon garbage,  this sounds promising.  Do they have a Food Court and run specials with lights? 

Layaway?   :dontknow:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SamWithCheese said:

Other than the Amazon garbage,  this sounds promising.  Do they have a Food Court and run specials with lights? 

Layaway?   :dontknow:

No food court.  It's more like an old fashioned department store - no auto section. But it's usually located in a strip mall near a food option.

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

I still remember my coworker who went shopping at Kohls for something for the kids.  When he checked out with NO COUPONS the checkout clerk suggested that he check with his wife next time because nobody shops at Kohls without a coupon.

A few years ago, before Christmas, I was looking for a gift for WoBG. I was glad I was getting this done early.  For some unknown reason, I stopped at a Kohls.  I NEVER shopped at a Kohls before.  I was curious about what they had to sell.  I stopped at the jewelry counter and  I found something for WoBG.  That made me very happy.  The clerk must have realized I was totally clueless about how you ALWAYS use at least one coupon (or 2, etc..).  At first I was confused.   Then after the clerk scanned a coupon from her own cell phone and the price was 50% cheaper, I was VERY happy.  

Then I learned to always use coupons at Kohls and use their rewards card.  I even figured out Kohls cash.  I felt like I learned something good to know.

Now I don't shop there very often any more.  I decided shopping should not be that difficult.  Now I can relax and just not worry about not having the best coupon. 

10 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Now I don't shop there very often any more.  I decided shopping should not be that difficult.  Now I can relax and just not worry about not having the best coupon. 

It does tend to discourage just stopping in if you are male and do not keep your 30% coupon in your car!  They have an interesting stock of Christmas presents so they are ready for that.

My choices for slacks for work are literally Kohl’s and Walmart. We are sorely lacking in men’s clothing. I could go to Dillards, but they are pretty pricy for clothes that will be crawling under desks to setup a PC. 
I don’t play the coupon game very well, but I did figure out to hang out at the edge of menswear for a bit to see which cashier is the most outgoing or the cutest. They seem to be the ones who offer to use their coupon. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, groupw said:

My choices for slacks for work are literally Kohl’s and Walmart. We are sorely lacking in men’s clothing. I could go to Dillards, but they are pretty pricy for clothes that will be crawling under desks to setup a PC. 
I don’t play the coupon game very well, but I did figure out to hang out at the edge of menswear for a bit to see which cashier is the most outgoing or the cutest. They seem to be the ones who offer to use their coupon. 

My cashier yesterday was very nice as the price came up wrong ala KMart.  She said it was so busy because this was the last day of some 30% event for cardholders.

• Heart 1