College football talk

Prophet Zacharia

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Pitt kicks off at Va Tech shortly.

Saw a bunch of VA Tech clothing on my ride this morning. Haven't checked to see if they are doing well or not this season.  My niece visited the campus last week and already ruled them out. 

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I knew Boise State did the blue turf years ago, I didn’t realize they changed to red.

The Smurf Turf has a reputation for killing ducks and geese who crash into the field thinking it’s a lake. The turf so closely matched their uniforms I think there was a rule installed requiring them to use a contrasting color uniform. 

• Heart 1

So this is Eastern Washington. I had misunderstood, thinking Boise had changed from Blue to Red. Nope. And Boise State even trademarked the colored field, making others ask them permission if they want a non-green playing surface.

Eastern Michigan has a gray field. Eastern Washington’s is red. At Central Arkansas, the Bears host games on a surface of purple and gray stripes.

Boise State has the right to license or deny any field that could be mistakenly associated with its trademark, the university expanded its trademark from blue to non-green in 2010.