LBS story one

Parsnip Totin Jack

A man my age came in looking for a bike for his granddaughter. Oh, how old is she? She has a 14 inch inseam. I meant how old is she. Oh, she’s 5. I think these 16” bikes are good for a five year old. He mentioned several times that he bought his road bike from us. He asked me for a measuring tape. Checked the stand over height and decided that she needed a 12” bike. FFS, the bike has training wheels and she isn’t going to “stand over” the frame. Besides we don’t carry the 12” bikes because they don’t sell. He is going to order online. Okay, you do that grandpa.

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

lbs sticker shock.  he is on the way to walmart.

I bought all my grandkids Treks from the LBS except for during the Pandemic when the LBS couldn’t get bikes. I needed two 16” bikes for the twin buddies and they only had one and said it might be a long time before they get any more. I ordered the other one from Walmart because they were the only place that still had a few bikes. In a 16” kids bike there is virtually no difference between a Trek and a stuffmart bike.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I bought all my grandkids Treks from the LBS except for during the Pandemic when the LBS couldn’t get bikes. I needed two 16” bikes for the twin buddies and they only had one and said it might be a long time before they get any more. I ordered the other one from Walmart because they were the only place that still had a few bikes. In a 16” kids bike there is virtually no difference between a Trek and a stuffmart bike.

except price