Super charleyhorse: wretched tights in changing rm

shootingstar

Today I thought I would fall over onto the bench... my abdomen suddenly seized up because of a sudden charleyhorse, as I was trying to pull on tight leggings in a store change room.

I don't know who fits what I tried...it looked ok on the rack.  I stopped moving and just tried to...meditate to relax.

Don't you hate it? --getting a charleyhorse in certain body part...and  you suspect it will happen, again in same area several months later and maybe in the wrong place/time.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

?

I've had a charleyhorse in the arch of foot while cycling. It was very difficult. I truly had to get off the bike, otherwise I might have fallen with the bike.  It's happened several times over the years.

Even worse, to get one inside upper abdonmen ...and I start nearly panicking...because I think it'll affect my heart.  Usually I'm in bed...and again, need to do some yoga breathing.

Maybe it’s just me/my region but a charlyhorse is caused by an impact, usually to the leg. For example the shooting pain from banging your thigh on a table corner was called a charlyhorse. 

What happened to you we would call a cramp. But yeah I hate them too. 

39 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

?

I've had a charleyhorse in the arch of foot while cycling. It was very difficult. I truly had to get off the bike, otherwise I might have fallen with the bike.  It's happened several times over the years.

Even worse, to get one inside upper abdonmen ...and I start nearly panicking...because I think it'll affect my heart.  Usually I'm in bed...and again, need to do some yoga breathing.

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

I've always called a sudden cramp a charley horse.  I don't get them often, but they can be very annoying.

Yeah, cramp was synonymous with charleyhorse with me as well.  Charleyhorse was sort of specific to legs though.  I haven't heard it used in 30 years or so.  :) 

@shootingstar make an appointment with your doctor. A cramp in the leg is definitely muscle related but a cramp pain in your abdomen may be a sign of something worse. It may feel like a cramp but it could be your appendix or other organ is in distress. Don’t ignore it. That is all.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

@shootingstar make an appointment with your doctor. A cramp in the leg is definitely muscle related but a cramp pain in your abdomen may be a sign of something worse. It may feel like a cramp but it could be your appendix or other organ is in distress. Don’t ignore it. That is all.

I was tested for any cardiac problems about 4 yrs. ago. Apparently one could have indigestion to cause that type of pain.. They could not find anything else.

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I was tested for any cardiac problems about 4 yrs. ago. Apparently one could have indigestion to cause that type of pain.. They could not find anything else.

All the things in your chest/abdomen are hard to differentiate.  Heartburn and other digestive issues, heart attacks, and lung problems, and I would assume things like gall bladder attacks and appendicitis.  I was impressed that one morning my MIL woke up here with abdominal pain and said it was probably a gall bladder attack, and it turned oot she was right!

17 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

All the things in your chest are hard to discern.  Heartburn and other digestive issues, heart attacks, and lung problems, and I would assume things liek gall bladder attacks and appendicitis.  I was impressed that one morning my MIL woke up here with abdominal pain and said it was probably a gall bladder attack, and it turned oot she was right!

Mine was closer to the heart....which happened several times and that's why doctor ordered testing.

12 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Well..aside from the occasional leg, foot or hand cramp..charlie horse..I get this nasty pain.around my ribs..if I bend or move a certain way..At first I wondered if two ribs were pinching each other:blink: but yeah it is kinda like a rib cramp..sometimes it takes a bit for it to go away. :dontknow:

All the damn time…. 
I used to get ankle spasms at night, sometimes so bad my foot would turn sideways. They went away after I stopped wearing shoes with higher heels. And after I stopped riding in shoes that clip in to pedals. Both of those were stressing my ankles. 

4 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

All the damn time…. 
I used to get ankle spasms at night, sometimes so bad my foot would turn sideways. They went away after I stopped wearing shoes with higher heels. And after I stopped riding in shoes that clip in to pedals. Both of those were stressing my ankles. 

How scary..foot turning sideways because of spasms.  I agree, higher  heels  can be iffy for ankles long  term, etc.

I used to get leg cramps back in the sixties just before the arrival of bell bottoms. For some reason they made men’s pants, jeans in particular with pegged legs. My feet were not made for those type of pants. Trying to get them off I often got a Charlie horse. I really was happy when bell bottoms came in style. After bell bottoms they never revived that style, well maybe skinny jeans but lots of other styles you can buy.

• Heart 1