So. we loaded and emptied two u-haul trucks.

MoseySusan

13 hours ago, denniS said:

Who moved? 

I like the shower curtain. I bet Cheese would approve. I have never seen a sunken bath/shower. 

My step-son and his wife. They have two children, also. They’re renting the home.
I like the sunken bath, too. But I would ask the owners to replace that curtain with shower glass. I would ask the owners for all kinds of updates, and I’d ask that they fix the updates they poorly made. For example, they painted over wallpaper and didn’t even wash or paint the ceiling. 

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Tell them to get professional movers next time

They got a crew of their stacked friends, though. Step son doesn’t mosey. He’s fit, climbs 14ers in CO a couple of times a year. His climbing buddy came to help, and his wife’s brother who is also fit. 

mr. is no slouch, either. He’s been weight training for years. I have, too. But I’ve been on the DL since August, so I could only carry stuff <15 pounds. There’s a lot of small, awkwardly shaped stuff. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Did they move to Beverly?

Not where they want to be. 
That said, this neighborhood has its country club, and they’re backed up to the golf course. Some of the homes are swanky…the ones that have been taken care of. 

• Heart 1

On 10/17/2021 at 2:14 PM, Airehead said:

What does the kitchen look like?

It’s small, galley style.
The kitchen is on my “email the owner list.” Some of the grout and tiles are damaged. That’s a cut foot waiting to happen. And the old fridge has a horrible stink and is super rusted around the ice maker. It needs to be replaced.
I don’t like how the owner replaced the countertop range with a used cooktop and only the oven doors. You can see the missing door in the updated photo. For the amount of rent they’re paying, the kitchen and laundry appliances should be new. 
The owner lives in CA. Charging Cali rent for a run-down home. 
The listing on Zillow has photos from before and after a few attempts to clean it up. The first three photos are before. No photo of the new sink. It’s one basin farmhouse style.

That blue glow in the last photo is from blue glass surrounding the front door. It’s original to the house and charming. But not charming enough to suffer this shoddy kitchen renovation. 

6AF795D7-5591-445C-83EE-DB3F3C97F9AB.jpeg

84A427EB-748A-4322-A510-395CB4D43284.jpeg

B4C7F8CE-16F6-424C-A5FF-140B737F220E.jpeg

48AEF64E-4CCC-422A-839C-4A323FF8FB8C.jpeg

0D666936-9A1D-41E1-8CC5-628BD3C0B418.jpeg

On 10/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, MoseySusan said:

Yesterday, we took two loads in a 15 foot truck and plants and lamps in the mini-van. Today, we took 3 bedrooms of furniture and various boxes, etc in a 26 foot truck.
The house they’re moving into is bigger, but there is less wall space because of a fireplace, sliding doors, and built-in shelving. 
Built in 1966, it still has a lot of the original mid-century features. I kind of like the sunken tub/shower in the master bathroom, but not the curtain. 
And they’re located on a golf course, which is so much more quiet than their previous apartment. 
It’s time for pizza. 

3815EFAB-1716-4A3A-AAF4-3355DD914595.jpeg

58131055-77E5-4C31-AB7E-9B2237898691.jpeg

How old are the kids? They should love that circular race track in the front.