How much television do you watch? And or

petitepedal

How often is it on for just sound?:dontknow:

Realizing it is often on just for sound...I am making it a goal to turn my TV on less...

I just listened to a meditation podcast, I have lots of music...and public radio to provide sound or entertainment...I need to turn that television off..or not turn it on...more often.

I am sure next it will be the internet:whistle:

I tend to be a visual as opposed to auditory stimuli type person, so I never have the TV on for sound.  I can do a 12 hour drive by myself and not even turn the radio on.

I will turn on the TV and mute the sound though..., just to have images.  Sometimes just my Google Chromecast flashing photos 

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

How often is it on for just sound?:dontknow:

Realizing it is often on just for sound...I am making it a goal to turn my TV on less...

I just listened to a meditation podcast, I have lots of music...and public radio to provide sound or entertainment...I need to turn that television off..or not turn it on...more often.

I am sure next it will be the internet:whistle:

I haven't turned one on in over two years.  :)  

• Sad 1

Rarely do I watch anything anymore. I have a bad case of ADHD and can’t sit still long enough. Wo7 and I have different tastes and the compromise is that we don’t watch much together. She has MLB network on all year. She follows baseball. She uses it for background noise. I tolerate it because it eases her anxiety. It’s better than country music which would be the alternative. She’s napping on the couch right now with a country channel going. I prefer quiet to noise. She prefers noise to quiet. 

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

I prefer quiet to noise. She prefers noise to quiet

Wireless headphones for Wo7?

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I tend to be a visual as opposed to auditory stimuli type person, so I never have the TV on for sound.  I can do a 12 hour drive by myself and not even turn the radio on.

We are cloned...   I figured out a long time ago I learn by seeing and visualizing things.    My first car, didn't have a radio.  

That said..   WoBG and I watch movies, and Jeopardy.  

• Heart 2

I am on the further, longjohn, and Old #7 plan. My wife has it on constantly. Thankfully she only has sports on long enough to check the scores. I can tolerate most of her choices, except those miserable housewives, but thankfully she only has them on once in a while. We have the same taste in prime time for the most part. But a lot of the time I am on the computer in the other room. 

• Heart 2

I have the TV on way too much.  A couple times a day I have to click the "OK" button on my remote when a window pops up on my TV screen saying the television has been unattended for a long time and do I want to keep watching.

I'm usually doing something else at the same time: on the computer or reading a manual to figure out how something in my new house works, etc.

20 hours ago, petitepedal said:

How often is it on for just sound?

Many hours during the day.  We have a series of commercial free music channels - Music Choice - so I tune to Alternative and play it in the background.

19 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I can do a 12 hour drive by myself and not even turn the radio on.

Pretty funny as I am often like that.  I do the drive to PA or NJ to visit peeps which is usually 3+hrs, and either I select a podcast to listen to or I just "enjoy" the driving in silence. And the drive is not a nice one - traffic, insane drivers, construction, etc - but even so, something about just driving is pleasant regardless of the mayhem around me.

19 hours ago, Further said:

We have been watching a show before bed

Yep - our evening "routine" is usually an hour show episode, or maybe two 1/2 hour episodes, so we currently have Foundation (1hr) and the Brit Baking Show (1hr) for two evenings, and then we have shows like House Hunters International (1/2 hr) or general travel shows, plus an abundance of PBS content to work through.  After that, my wife bails, and I am free to watch my bike shows - CROSS SEASON IS LIVE!!! That works until 9pm or a little later when it is time to head upstairs to join my wife reading in bed.