Do people really mean it

Square Wheels

When they say during a conversation with you, "Tell @Square Wheels I said hi..."?

I suspect they don't.  I just overheard my wife on a Zoom chat with her mom, and her mom said to say hi to me.  I mentioned a fair amount after she got off the call, "Oh yeah, my mom said hi.".

If I were to tell someone the person I was speaking with said hi, it often leads to "How are they, how is their sister, she was in the hospital you know...".  I'm a guy, we don't ask questions or know details.

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Do people really mean it.  When they say during a conversation with you, "Tell @Square Wheels I said hi..."?

I think they do. 

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm a guy, we don't ask questions or know details.

I suspect the MIL knows this, and "Hi." covered all the bases.  

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

When they say during a conversation with you, "Tell @Square Wheels I said hi..."?

I suspect they don't.  I just overheard my wife on a Zoom chat with her mom, and her mom said to say hi to me.  I mentioned a fair amount after she got off the call, "Oh yeah, my mom said hi.".

If I were to tell someone the person I was speaking with said hi, it often leads to "How are they, how is their sister, she was in the hospital you know...".  I'm a guy, we don't ask questions or know details.

I think they do. 

• Heart 1