Threads you start

Airehead

9 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Normally leave them 'on their own', but do check and respond to questions.

Yeah, I just mostly use the unread posts thingy or just check the first page.  Once they fall off that they are dead to me for the most part. I have occasionally inadvertently selected “follow thread” and that is interesting to see it pop back up with a notification when people post in it. And that is any thread, not just ones I started. 

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I thought so!

What about you made you think I like antiques?  Even if the value of them has declined greatly. 

44 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I started a thread on Berkey Gay and Gibbard and it didn't get a single response.  I took that as a lack of interest. :) 

I must have been working. 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, Airehead said:

Do you feel compelled to tend the posts you start or do you leave them to succeed or fail on their own?

If I have time, I try to get back to them, especially ones where people may have questions, like if I mentioned that I really did send friends and relatives postcards from Hell - I'd come back if they asked how I got there and say it's a small town on Grand Cayman Island in the Caribbean.

The Parable of the Sower

13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”