Scylla and Charybdis

jsharr

So, the boss came into my office yesterday.  He is an old friend, since Jr. High. Has two tickets to Tom Petty tonight and wanted me to go with him.  GOOD tickets.  He does things first class.  Lives one block from American Airlines Center in Dallas, so all I have to do is pull up to his door, they valet my car, walk to concert, drink in hand.

Wife just calls.  Virus going around school.  Her temp is 100.5 and climbing.  

She is hinting I should not go, but she knows I really want to go.

Means I will sleeping on sofa tonight at least, 

I am teaching a class to new Cubmasters in our district tomorrow for the Boy Scouts.

What to do?  

Go home and be the good husband and father?  Sleep on couch and prep for the class?

Go to concert and have a few drinks with an old friend, get home late, sleep on the couch and go to training tired?

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT

You're a sissy good man.

Don't encourage this kind of behavior, he drove home to watch her sleep.  That isn't model behavior, he just pissed away a nice night away from domesticated banality, and a free night, at that.  Tom Petty, buncha beer, perving on the hot chicks at the concert, all that.  I would have gone.  He should have gone.

I am genuinely pissed, and outraged at this behavior.  Hang your head in shame.

• Heart 1

This thread really is the cliche with the devil and angel on the shoulder.

No, it isn't.  If his wife is so helpless as to not be able to handle a slight fever, then she wouldn't have survived this long.  It is like two pussy angels on his shoulders, the devil must have been on a break.

No, it isn't.  If his wife is so helpless as to not be able to handle a slight fever, then she wouldn't have survived this long.  It is like two pussy angels on his shoulders, the devil must have been on a break.

There were at least five devils - you, KT, DH, CLB, and SW. :)  I am so proud of all of the devils. <sniff> :D

As proof that he is a contrarian and all around sneaky bastard, Kzoo was the only angel. :D

• Heart 1