Rise and shine Monday

petitepedal

First "cold snap" of the season with the temp currently 63 but should climb to the low 80's. Little humidity and feels great. Planning a daytrip to Bok Tower. Should be great walking the grounds, avoiding the weekend crowd and with these temps/humidity, shouldn't be a "sweatfest."  Only question is, do I want to lug video equipment or save for another time.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Another 7am UV and Laser treatment...and lucky me a board meeting at 6PM gonna be a long day.:cheerleader:

It's 8:17 am here and, after turning the heat on at 7:30, I'm warm enough to cook breakfast.

I think eggs over medium with bread and chicken sausage with coffee with get me ready for the day.

• Heart 1

After feeling frozen taking my garbage cans out at 7:30 am when the temperature was 51° and breezy (I'm not acclimated to cold yet), I just went out to bring the cans back in and the temperature felt good.  Accuweather says it's 57° and "feels like 61°."

It's supposed to be over 60° by noon and hit 66° around 3 pm, so I'll finally get my lawnmowing done today - either the last or next-to-last of the year.

Accuweather forecasts 60's and 70's highs through the end of October. If they hold up, I can take my time getting the yard in shape for Winter.

image.png.0d051adb72af06a3484ec5c598d580b8.png

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

You mentioned Jim that your mother had some dementia post your father's death.

How is she where she is living now?

She is in assisted living. It’s about 12 miles from us- her house is 300 miles away, with no family nearby. My brother also lives 25 miles from the assisted living.
Undiagnosed dementia is progressing. Will be seeing a Neurologist soon. Her ability to live alone is probably gone. We’re happy for this solution. I’ve been visiting every Wednesday and picking her up on Sundays for church and lunch  

She was so happy for our surprise visit today. I had no plans to stop, but as we drove by the exit I said to BuffCarla- do you want to visit? and there we were. BuffCarla is the world’s greatest Daughter in law. My mom lights up when she’s around. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1