ARGH!!! It Has Begun :-(

Razors Edge

Yesterday, for my midday ride, I had to wear an UNDERSHIRT!!!!  It was chilly!  Sure, it was a short sleeve undershirt and jersey, but still, that sucks!  It looks like undershirt, jacket, windbreaker weather is here :(

And, I have to wear a light jacket walking the dog in the AM :(

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I like wearing long sleeves :)  I wore tights last two days.

Hopefully the tights aren't until late Dec or even Jan.  Maybe knee warmers before then.

I don't mind long sleeves when it is cold, I just mind it being cold :(

• Heart 1

I was thinking this morning on my way to work, that it is time for my heavier gloves.

Thru September into early October I transition into long pants, my heavy riding shirt, jacket, helmet beanie and gloves for my morning ride.

It will be April before I can ride with just shorts and a jersey again

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I was thinking this morning on my way to work, that it is time for my heavier gloves.

Thru September into early October I transition into long pants, my heavy riding shirt, jacket, helmet beanie and gloves for my morning ride.

It will be April before I can ride with just shorts and a jersey again

Ah........the great cold north.

I kind of like the progression from bare hands to full-finger gloves, to full-finger wind stop gloves, to lobster finger insulated gloves. There was a few weeks in there where I’d ride to work in lobsters and then home in full-finger. I wear a wool jersey and vest when it’s cold. And a smartwool base layer and wool ski sweater when its in the 30s instead of a jacket. Very insulating, but breathable. I wouldn’t ride when it was raining. Cars don’t act right in the rain.