Something to make y’all smile

Parsnip Totin Jack

4 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I bought a pack of Zima once, just to try it, not long after I turned 18 (so, 31 years ago).  I haven't had one since. 

Is it any different from all the non-beer, non-wine, non-booze alcohol drinks hitting the market these days?  I swear, when I walk through the beer aisle lately, there is a section of canned alcohol drinks that I look at and wonder WTF are these and who is drinking them???? White Claw or the like??

In describing "The Long, Slow, Torturous Death of Zima", writer Brendan Koerner cited Zima's perceived reputation as a "girly-man" beverage and its persistent parodying by late-night TV host David Letterman.

The Chicago Tribune reported that distributors were asked to stock "caffeinated alcoholic beverage Sparks on retail store shelves to make up for Zima’s absence".

Koerner, which sounds a bit like coroner to me, wrote, “ There are a million ways to slight a rival’s manhood, but to suggest that he enjoys Zima is one of the worst. Zima was the original “malternative”—a family of alcoholic beverages that eventually came to include such abominations as Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Silver—and it has long been considered the very opposite of macho: a drink that fragile coeds swill while giving each other pedicures.“

22 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Is it any different from all the non-beer, non-wine, non-booze alcohol drinks hitting the market these days?  I swear, when I walk through the beer aisle lately, there is a section of canned alcohol drinks that I look at and wonder WTF are these and who is drinking them???? White Claw or the like??

Once everyone got over the hand sanitizer kick that they told us would keep us safe the breweries that stepped in to pick up the slack were stuck with bunches of their hand sanitizer. They had to do something with it so they mixed it with cool aid and put it in a can. Some Smuck will buy it.