Interview 2 results

groupw

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And what's the process for your next moves??? If offered a position, is it remote? Is it one you need to move ahead of planned for? Is it some hybrid?

From our conversations yesterday, I have a feeling they need to discuss some things about that. I will definitely need to go there for some orientation and training. I can stay with my daughter or a friend short term. Told them, I do need to take care of some family business and some final work on the house before we make the final move. If I could work remotely during some of that would help greatly. They do have a hybrid work model where you work remotely 2 or 3 times per week, but are in the office the other days. We'll see how flexible they are as I have already expressed my willing to be flexible as well. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

This is a good storyline. “Escape from Nebraska”. :D

Not totally inaccurate. We have had a good life and have a good circle of friends. It's just time for a new adventure. And yes. Winter sucks more as we get older. We want to try this while we still can. Don't want to coulda, woulda, shoulda later. 

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The job is not in Texas is it?  Texas sucks.  The winters are cold and dark, power plants go offline mid December and come back online mid February.  Many are forced to eat their pets or least liked kids to survive.

Can you even tell where Oklahoma ends and Texas begins???

• Envious 1

17 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Is there any way this could be moved along? My interest is waning.

Make him an offer!  At this point, I think you're gonna have go big with the $$$, but also, and I may be a bit forward here, have to toss in a LOT of ham salad and likely a bullet-proof HVAC system for his new home.  Ain't nobody gonna move to Ohio without those two details being offered.

45 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The job is not in Texas is it?  Texas sucks.  The winters are cold and dark, power plants go offline mid December and come back online mid February.  Many are forced to eat their pets or least liked kids to survive.

Arizona. Our girls are down there. We spent a lot of time there when our oldest daughter was dealing with cancer. We both liked it and that started the wheels turning. 
After Dad passed, that lightened our obligations tremendously. We have been doing work on the house to get it market ready. The housing market here is a seller’s market so we want to strike while the iron is hot. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, groupw said:

Arizona. Our girls are down there. We spent a lot of time there when our oldest daughter was dealing with cancer. We both liked it and that started the wheels turning. 
After Dad passed, that lightened our obligations tremendously. We have been doing work on the house to get it market ready. The housing market here is a seller’s market so we want to strike while the iron is hot. 

Best of luck.  Just had a friend sell a house in Australia for about 8x what they paid for it 20 years ago.   They just bought in Santa Fe NM.  

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, groupw said:

At this point, I'd give him $10 just to hang it all up and go home.

1 minute ago, groupw said:

***UPDATE!!**Just got an email that they want to do the 3rd (and according to the email) FINAL interview! I will be entering my availability into their calendar when I get home. The link does not work well from the phone. 

Congratulations! Are they flying you to AZ? 

5 minutes ago, groupw said:

***UPDATE!!**Just got an email that they want to do the 3rd (and according to the email) FINAL interview! I will be entering my availability into their calendar when I get home. The link does not work well from the phone. 

congrats.  You have to be running short on clean pants by now, unless you have done laundry or been to the dry cleaners.

• Haha 1

WoW is doing laundry tomorrow before we drive the my nephew's wedding in Arkansas this weekend. I'm covered. 

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

congrats.  You have to be running short on clean pants by now, unless you have done laundry or been to the dry cleaners.

• Heart 1

Just now, MoseySusan said:

I do great on the phone. In person…I get distracted and look around the room too much. So I’ve been told… 

On the Zoom interview, a hornet was flying near me. I was startled, but he was passive. I apologized to the interviewer and explained. He said if I need to leave the room it was cool. I said I was fine now that I knew what was going on. 

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, groupw said:

On the Zoom interview, a hornet was flying near me. I was startled, but he was passive. I apologized to the interviewer and explained. He said if I need to leave the room it was cool. I said I was fine now that I knew what was going on. 

“Manages unexpected circumstances?” 
Check. 

• Haha 1