Is Parr8 Bringing His Camper?

Razors Edge

...to Fayetteville AR for the UCI Cross World Championships in Jan?  And how many folks can sleep in it???  How about @BR46? Doesn't he have a camper?  @Rattlecan now that the border is opening??? Others???

23e58ccd18e32cab182dbd6268a12868_XL.jpg

2022 UCI Cyclocross World Championships Jan. 28-30

The UCI Cyclocross World Championships will be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas, Jan. 28-30, 2022.  This is only the second time that the championships have been held in the United States!

Hosted at Centennial Park in Fayetteville, Arkansas, the Worlds is a two-day event featuring six championships races for Elite Men and Women, Under 23 Men and Women, and Junior Men and Women spanning a festive weekend. The World Championships give athletes the opportunities to compete for their country, just like the Olympic Games. 

Cyclo-Cross is a fall and winter cycling sport that has grown in the last decade, especially in the United States. Competitors race on a spectator-friendly course approximately 1.75 miles (3 km), in length that includes short steep hills and obstacles that may require dismounting and running with the bike. Races take place ‘rain or shine,’ making cyclo-cross riders some of the toughest across disciplines. Click here to find out more about cyclocross. 

The World Championship weekend will be part of a multi-day festival for both new fans and die-hard cyclo-cross spectators.  The race will be the pinnacle of a weekend filled with activities and events that showcase all that Northwest Arkansas has to offer.

Visit Getting Here on experiencefayetteville.com to start planning your trip to enjoy the Worlds. Need lodging options? We've got you covered! Click here for a complete list of Fayetteville hotels.

For full event details, visit cyclocrossfayettevillear2022.com.

7 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Boy, I'd like to.  It will be winterized and tucked away in Jan though.  I wonder how far that is?  Would be cool to see.  Too bad G i s done racing. 

It looks a good days drive.  A super long day for me.  But we could have a SWCF camper, RV, tent section!  Huge bonfire, lots of cowbell, and maybe even some schralpage!

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

:( does he still ride?

No.  He does the peleton from time to time.  He NEVER liked riding road, just did it to train for cx.  Once covid hit and all the races got cancelled he quit training because he didn't want to train when there were no races.  He really likes High school Xc and swim.  He trains hard at them.  I still have hope that he may do tri again one day but I think Cx is done.  It was a good run.  He is still super active and is happy competing in high school sports so that is all I care about.  

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It looks a good days drive.  A super long day for me.  But we could have a SWCF camper, RV, tent section!  Huge bonfire, lots of cowbell, and maybe even some schralpage!

could be fun!  Hard for me to commit this early until I see what staffing levels are like at work.  

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

No.  He does the peleton from time to time.  He NEVER liked riding road, just did it to train for cx.  Once covid hit and all the races got cancelled he quit training because he didn't want to train when there were no races.  He really likes High school Xc and swim.  He trains hard at them.  I still have hope that he may do tri again one day but I think Cx is done.  It was a good run.  He is still super active and is happy competing in high school sports so that is all I care about.  

Glad to hear he's competitive & happy. Bummer aboot CX. In Michigan, CX racing is happening.  Tell G I said hi.

• Heart 1

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

Glad to hear he's competitive & happy. Bummer aboot CX. In Michigan, CX racing is happening.  Tell G I said hi.

Will do.  I hate it but mainly for me, not him.  I really enjoyed the Cx scene.  But it does make it easier for Emmy's softball schedule since there is only one of me and two kids.  I also think that him getting his driver's license had something to do with it as well.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Will do.  I hate it but mainly for me, not him.  I really enjoyed the Cx scene.  But it does make it easier for Emmy's softball schedule since there is only one of me and two kids.  I also think that him getting his driver's license had something to do with it as well.  

He's cruisin' for chicks in the jeep :D  Having a driver's license gets old, along w/ dealing w/ cars and their troubles and costs. Do I sound old? Bikes don't get old though :)  

I've only seen once CX race, years ago. But I see pics on Strava. It looks like a party on 2 wheels. Some take it more serious than others I reckon.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, JerrySTL said:

P8, Digital Photog, and I were at the Worlds in Louisville a few years ago. Well worth seeing. Of course P8 only lived across the Ohio River from Louisville and I was driving through to Cincinnati that day.

I might try to go to Arkansas in January.

I hit the Road Worlds in Richmond and it was 100% a great time.  If you're able to swing it again, clearly you'll enjoy it again!

• Heart 2