“We will call you back…”

MoseySusan

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Best thing that happened to being on hold for “the next available advocate.” I can go about my Cafe business and not lose my place in line. 

I think the folks who choose the "call back" function are automatically moved to the end of the line.  They tackle the ones who stay on the line before looking at who is in the call back line, and then, prior to calling those folks, take a lunch/coffee/smoke break, catch up on office gossip, and likely a quick catnap.  Obviously, by the time they are ready to attack the "call back" list, new folks are waiting on the line, and those get top priority.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think the folks who choose the "call back" function are automatically moved to the end of the line.  They tackle the ones who stay on the line before looking at who is in the call back line, and then, prior to calling those folks, take a lunch/coffee/smoke break, catch up on office gossip, and likely a quick catnap.  Obviously, by the time they are ready to attack the "call back" list, new folks are waiting on the line, and those get top priority.

15-20 minutes. I can see all that happening before they call me back. 

11 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

The advocate who returned my call sounded sleepy. At mid-morning NY time, he could benefit from a tall glass of grapefruit juice or a coffee. 

Damn! He skipped his coffee break to call you back! That's good customer service.

...or maybe BAD customer service as you got info from a semi-catatonic person?  He needed the caffeine jolt to really think clearly. :frantics:

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Damn! He skipped his coffee break to call you back! That's good customer service.

Or an exploitative employer who clocks time on task and doesn’t allow breaks except at pre-determined, data-driven intervals. Our call was “monitored for quality assurance.” 
I could have been contributing to the oppression. :( 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I just make stuff up as I go. Sort of like your 'how teachers are not really mean or if they are they have a good reason' thread.

Someone else's annoying crotch fruit is pretty much a "good reason", isn't it?  Add in "germy" so you have annoying, germy crotch fruit dumped in your care, and it is amazing more teachers aren't serial killers.

• Haha 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Someone else's annoying crotch fruit is pretty much a "good reason", isn't it?  Add in "germy" so you have annoying, germy crotch fruit dumped in you care, and it is amazing more teachers aren't serial killers.

Okay, you're starting to get on my bad side.

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

I just make stuff up as I go. Sort of like your 'how teachers are not really mean or if they are they have a good reason' thread.

I lead those replies with apology. 
And didn’t state the reasons are “good.” 
I’m pretty sure I said they were acting out on others. 
Your jackboots are less subtle than mine. 

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I lead those replies with apology. 
And didn’t state the reasons are “good.” 
I’m pretty sure I said they were acting out on others. 
Your jackboots are less subtle than mine. 

Well that's okay then, sweetie. You don't have to worry about it, now.

• Awesome 1