Jsharr, ever thought about whitewashing your brick?

AirwickWithCheese

Just now, donkpow said:

'Whitewash' is a better solution to 'paint' masonry than real paint. Paint seals the brick and causes problems. Whitewash will breath where paint will bubble.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewash

This is your best post ever. 

By far, I mean not even close.  

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SamWithCheese said:

Jsharr, ever thought about whitewashing your brick?

Call me curious, but when you say "brick" what do you really mean? And by "whitewashing", does that at any point involve a dirty sack, a hollowed out fruit, or some other item used in a non-traditional manner?

Because if I get your drift, I think @jsharr has not only THOUGHT about doing, he has done it a LOT.

• Haha 1

Houses in our neighborhood range being built from the 1950s-1990s. A lot of the earlier homes have brick. Some styles aged well. Others not so much. When I see homes with brick that doesn’t appeal, I wonder if the wood siding could be a better color or a more contrasting trim. There are some with just ugly ass brick that could use whitewash or paint!  

Some people just flipped a house a few blocks away. The original brick was actually pretty decent but the house needed updates. They painted the brick white. In this case it looks good. 
A young couple just bought the house across the street. It has some brick that is not great. The house needs some TLC after the last family. I’ve known the wife professionally for a few years. She has a great sense of personal style. Curious to see what she will do with the house. 

• Heart 1