If you are gonna remove a post, you should explain WHY

Randomguy

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

No, in no way was it disrespectful.  My reaction on seeing it removed for violating zero guidelines might be considered so

So how was the earlier removed post disrespectful, at all?

You are correct, I reread it, your were not disrespectful, you were trying to make it polical though.

16 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Is this about the fence? I told the inspector that I found the property pins and that I was well within that boundary. He said that I didn't fill out the permit. I said I'm not kissing ass just to put in a fence and I'm not taking the posts out either.

@MickinMD could have used you at his place a couple months ago!

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Reading between the lines you have intent, and an underlying message, historically.

Objection, hearsay.  It was within guidelines.  It is one thing to quarantine something to figure intent or see where it goes, but that was it within that particular flow of conversation, plus it is super easy to misread between the lines, too.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

You are correct, I reread it, your were not disrespectful, you were trying to make it polical though.

I don't think calling out the disrespectful way this country treats its insured middle class (or poor) is political.  Our system as it stands is not good unless you are lucky enough not to get a long term condition that requires anything other than the most immediate and basic care.  I know from personal experience.

As I have said earlier, I don't bitch in the forum about other's political posts because they are super easy to dismiss or call out once and move on, plus it is generally a one-liner and the post moves a different direction, like this one did.  

19 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Whoever stirs the shit in the pot should be the first to lick the spoon 

There it is. Like the word of God. Romans 9:22

(By God I don't necessarily mean the Judeo-Christian version of the deity even though an awful lot of people accept this as the only one true god and will kill anyone who disagrees.)

25 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

SW, you owe nothing to anybody on this Forum: no explanations, no corrections.

If a post gets removed, there's not a single person on this Forum who is so dull they can't figure out the likely reasons(s).

SW does generally explain after a while, who could miss the pinned post where he does just that?  To his credit, Bikeman told us his reasoning, too.  So yes, TK, explanations all around, it is the decent thing to do, and a decent person would recognize and expect such treatment.  I think they reacted instead of responding in trying to "read between the lines" for what might happen, but that is in the interpretation.  Most of us react instead of respond from time to time, too.

I get called out on my shit, anyone else should get called out on theirs, too, and I am happy to return the favor when someone takes what seems like a smug snipe or two in my direction.  

• Hugs 1