Phones fixed.

maddmaxx

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There is no way she could operate a cell phone.  At the least it would need to be one of those senior citizen specials with the big keys and very limited choices of what can be done.   I guess I really didn't know how many senior citizens were so technically illiterate.  It just never dawned on me because of my career and training that a phone could be so hard to use.

Still, we do watch over her, checking to make sure her lights come on and go off at approximately the right times and that she's ok.  Womaxx goes over sometimes just to be some company.

This is so very cool.  And here I thought you were just a pretty face with a fast car.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There is no way she could operate a cell phone.  At the least it would need to be one of those senior citizen specials with the big keys and very limited choices of what can be done.   I guess I really didn't know how many senior citizens were so technically illiterate.  It just never dawned on me because of my career and training that a phone could be so hard to use.

Still, we do watch over her, checking to make sure her lights come on and go off at approximately the right times and that she's ok.  Womaxx goes over sometimes just to be some company.

Awesome!

• Heart 1

Good on you Maxx! It's amazing how fast faculties decline in the elderly. Then add in the fact they never saw much of this technology until they were past their window of opportunity and it can be difficult. 

My dad wanted a smart phone so he would have something to do besides just books during dialysis. By the time he actually got it not long after, he was terrified of it! We had to re-activate his old flip phone so he would even answer a call. 

Then you get people like my great aunt who at 92 was asking questions and engaged in conversation when I got my first PC. She lived to be 104 and was self-sufficient until just before 100. 

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The elderly neighbor's phone is fixed.  The tech, who seemed very knowledgeable, replaced the junction terminals inside the box outside where the line from the pole meets the lines in the house and cleaned up the wire ends.  All good now.  

Technician good.  Call center help desk not so good.

Great!

16 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The tech, who seemed very knowledgeable, replaced the junction terminals inside the box outside where the line from the pole meets the lines in the house and cleaned up the wire ends.  All good now. 

It's a failing infrastructure so things are not likely to get that much better in the long term without major capital expenditure.