My county flag sucks

Allen

tl;dr: My county’s flag sucks, I want to change it. 

My counted adopted what looks like a diner’s placemat for a flag. Georgia has set precedent to be willing to change their flag, and I’m submitting a design the the county board. If we are going to have a flag it should at least look like a flag. 

In the world of design, flag design, is considered important enough to warrant its own word, vexillology. According to NAVA (the North American Vexillology Association) there are five rules for flag design.

The Five Principles are:

Keep It Simple.  The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.

Use Meaningful Symbolism.  The flag's images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes.

Use 2 or 3 Basic Colors.  Limit the number of colors on the flag to three which contrast well and come from the standard color set.

No Lettering or Seals.  Never use writing of any kind or an organization's seal.

Be Distinctive or Be Related.  Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections.

The symbolism of my flag is as follows: red, white, and blue, Stars and Stripes, ‘cause, ‘Merica! Four stripes because Georgia was the fourth state to join the Great Experiment. Seven stars for the seven incorporated communities in Walton county. Seven points on the stars for the seven Waltonians who have served as Georgia governor. 

0E584C4A-7A88-4AAC-8BD5-DC526F3AB92B.jpeg

77E12E05-D852-4415-8DC7-3412C69C8264.jpeg

• Heart 1

Our provincial coat of arms...I like it too. It includes natural wildlife...except for the lion/or medieval creature..relic of British colonialism.

The animal on right...is pronghorn...they are wild...they are like antelope. I haven't seen any myself yet. The flowers in grass, represent the provincial flower:  wild rose.  That crown on the beaver, looks loaded with jewels. :D 

Coat of arms of Alberta.svg

18 hours ago, Allen said:

According to NAVA (the North American Vexillology Association) there are five rules for flag design.

My county has not followed the rules for lettering or seals. They kept it simple by simply transferring the county seal to a piece of white cloth. 

D01DB157-3F4B-43A6-867E-D11F364B2BA1.jpeg