i screwed up

jsharr

Never regret a choice you made.  I'm sure you're wife loves you even more for what you did for your family.

Stop it!!!!  What did he do?  He watched her sleep.  She felt 50 cents better having him there, and he felt hundreds of dollars of regret not going.  Really a total loss.

Stop it!!!!  What did he do?  He watched her sleep.  She felt 50 cents better having him there, and he felt hundreds of dollars of regret not going.  Really a total loss.

That wasn't my point.  He made a decision, a decision you don't agree with, but still a decision.  Hindsight is always clear, but making the decision often involves emotions, especially when a sick family member is involved.  He will likely have a chance to see Petty again, if he really wants.  He would not be able to go back in time and be there for his wife when she needed him.  Clearly she's a capable grown woman who can take care of herself, but he was there for her morally.  

I'm impressed.

Given all that, I would have gone to the show.   :D

That wasn't my point.  He made a decision, a decision you don't agree with, but still a decision.  Hindsight is always clear, but making the decision often involves emotions, especially when a sick family member is involved.  He will likely have a chance to see Petty again, if he really wants.  He would not be able to go back in time and be there for his wife when she needed him.  Clearly she's a capable grown woman who can take care of herself, but he was there for her morally.  

I'm impressed.

Given all that, I would have gone to the show.   :D

So what were the factors that drove this decision?  I know I hate having people around me when I am sick, I just want to be alone.  That anyone would be hovering around me or fussing over me just pisses me off, when all I want is down time.  Out of the house when I am sick?  Good, I get better faster that way.  To have great experiences away to tell me about later would make me feel better, too, no sense in two people going down with the ship.

I am not understanding this in any way, seems too...dutybound for duty's sake.  I am tired as hell now, so I am more grumpified over this than I should be, never having been to a front-row Tom Petty concert before (or any Tom Petty concert, actually).  

Oh well, I have done things I should have done differently, too, it isn't a crime or anything, not there is anything wrong with crime in an abstract sense.  Tom Petty probably won't die before he shows up to play those parts again.

I think this thread should be a pinned.  "I screwed up" started by jsharr.  I'm sure it is at least a daily occurrence in the world of jsharr.  Each day jsharr could post his most glaring screw up.   :)  :nod head:

I like this idea but the focus is too narrow and it places too much trust in me.  I think that ya'll should assist me in pointing out my most glaring screw ups.

I still stand by saying he did the right thing.  Did his wife need him?  Of course not.  It was a kind gesture from a husband to his wife, she will not forget this.  I'm sure it has strengthened his relationship in ways that can't be measured.  This is what makes a relationship.  Plus, it was Petty, it's not like it was James Taylor.

• Heart 1