I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night..

petitepedal

Thinking..it must be time for my alarm to go off...and it is only 1 or 2 AM :wacko:  I think when I first wake..but before I check the time..I feel rested and think about starting my day and what is on the agenda..then I actually look at the clock..before tripping to the bathroom. Well, then I have to convince myself to go back to bed..and usually spend a fair amount of time tossing and turning :frantics:...once I am ready to fall asleep..or have just fallen asleep..the damn alarm goes off :angry:. Granted this ain't every night..but damn it..often enough.

• Hugs 2

Yep same here. Mrs can sleep though the night, I get up, go in the other room, and stare at the ceiling until the alarm goes off. The last few weeks Mrs has been getting up several times to let the puppy out and she comments how nice and quiet it is outside at night. Yep, the silence is deafening.

I'm usually so happy that it's not time for me to get up that I don't mind waking up.  I typically go back to sleep very quickly, but on the nights where I can't go to sleep it's annoying.  I do have an Amazon Alexa in the room, and will sometimes play music or something to distract me with a sleep timer set when I'm having a hard time sleeping, although this isn't a good option for people with a partner who is sleeping soundly.

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Granted this ain't every night..but damn it..often enough.

It could be worse...   just about every night I wake up and stumble to the bathroom.  Some nights that happens twice. :(  So most if the night I must be awake, or at least it feels that way.

And every now and then, but not often enough, I wake up in the morning and realized I slept all night. :)

• Awesome 1