Bike shops are dangerous places! Bike shopping for daughter

Ralphie

They do sneaky things like have these gorgeous white Specialized Tarmacs on sale for $2200.  Thankfully it is a couple of cms too big for me. :D

We went looking for a bike for daughter #2.  At first she rode the totally upright cruiser one (back around 90 degrees), then at my coaxing she tried the next more aggressive model that put her back around 60 degrees or so, and she loved it!  It is a Specialized but I didn't get the model.  But it must be the base model Sirrus, marketed as a "fitness bike".

This review from Outside sounds aboot right.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/bikes-and-biking/road-bikes/The-Best-500-Road-Bike-Specialized-Sirrus-20120705.html

So I checked the Interwebs, and the Trek 7.0 is amazingly cheap, around $420.  We will go check that one out tomorrow.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/latest-bikes/hybrid-bike/trek/7-0-fx/prd_450687_5672crx.aspx

And it is aboot time for a new bike for me.  I am sorely tempted to spring for the $2200 bike that is WAY too good for me, but I will probably get the $830 Allez with carbon fork instead.  (Time for the devil RG to get on my shoulder. :D)

I just came back from a bike shop too.   :frantics:  Showed him my list....he said he would love to build it...for about $350...another option take all my stuff off the Madone and put the Campy & wheels  on the Madone... :wacko:   This guy seemed to think it would sell better built...

He talked $10,000.  :frantics:   I am even more clueless now......

I just came back from a bike shop too.   :frantics:  Showed him my list....he said he would love to build it...for about $350...another option take all my stuff off the Madone and put the Campy & wheels  on the Madone... :wacko:   This guy seemed to think it would sell better built...

He talked $10,000.  :frantics:   I am even more clueless now......

He is mad if he thinks 10G on the open market from a private party, but it will be a big chunk of change no matter how you look at it.  You can't lose!

You know, you could sell your Madone and the Colnago frame, then get a Colnago in your size to build up with the parts you have.  Get a C60, btw.

• Heart 1

He is mad if he thinks 10G on the open market from a private party, but it will be a big chunk of change no matter how you look at it.  You can't lose!

You know, you could sell your Madone and the Colnago frame, then get a Colnago in your size to build up with the parts you have.  Get a C60, btw.

After reading his post yesterday about your goods and this post today I am convinced that RG knows his shit.

She likes the Specialized a little better than the Trek 7.2 WSF, but she is goign to keep thinking aboot it.  (I wonder where she gets that from?!).

So should I offer $1500 for the white beauty? :)  Oh wait - I can't 'cause it is a touch too big.

Isn't that just torture??!!!  My LBS Specialized shop has one or two nice lookin' bikes that are just a smidge too big for me.  ARGHHHH!!!  Ah well, saves me some dinero.