Junk Drawer

jsharr

One?

We have one in the kitchen with tools WoKzoo likes to have around.  It has lots of other odds and ends... screws, nails, charging cords to long gone devices, a couple flashlights...... In addition to a couple different sized hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, knives.......

We have one on the other side of the kitchen with small screws, nails, brads, sticky things, picture hangers, wire...... other stuff she uses on her building projects.

Then there is the battery drawer.  The one that contains no less that 532 batteries but never the size you are looking for, or it will have one of the size you are looking for if you need 2 of them.  Is a battery drawer considered a junk drawer?  Some of the batteries are dead - they escaped from the bag where we keep dead batteries before recycling.  A dead battery looks like a live battery.

hen there is the drawer with all of the sharpies.  There are at least 532 of them but again, never the color you are looking for even if that color is simply black.  Is that a junk drawer if 13.82% of then are dried out?

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

One?

We have one in the kitchen with tools WoKzoo likes to have around.  It has lots of other odds and ends... screws, nails, charging cords to long gone devices, a couple flashlights...... In addition to a couple different sized hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, knives.......

We have one on the other side of the kitchen with small screws, nails, brads, sticky things, picture hangers, wire...... other stuff she uses on her building projects.

Then there is the battery drawer.  The one that contains no less that 532 batteries but never the size you are looking for, or it will have one of the size you are looking for if you need 2 of them.  Is a battery drawer considered a junk drawer?  Some of the batteries are dead - they escaped from the bag where we keep dead batteries before recycling.  A dead battery looks like a live battery.

hen there is the drawer with all of the sharpies.  There are at least 532 of them but again, never the color you are looking for even if that color is simply black.  Is that a junk drawer if 13.82% of then are dried out?

^ pretty much this

Just now, Longjohn said:

Those all went straight to the trash when it became my kitchen. I don’t acquire anymore because I don’t buy takeout.

pick some up at the gas station / truck stop.  Never know when you need a package of sweet and sour sauce to dip some chicken in.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You dolts left off one crucial component of any kithchen junk drawer.  

SAUCE PACKETS

soy, ketchup, mustard, duck, whatever.

That's more our refrigerator's junk drawer (cold cut drawer).  I go in and clean it out occasionally because how many soy or Fire sauce packets can we need?  They replenish themselves!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

One?

In a strange twist of time, space, & fate, ditto.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

You dolts left off one crucial component of any kithchen junk drawer.  

SAUCE PACKETS

soy, ketchup, mustard, duck, whatever.

I keep those in a plastic tub in the pantry. I’m saving them in the event of apocalypse or if we have to eat each other someday. Just kidding. I don’t know why I’m saving them.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

I keep those in a plastic tub in the pantry. I’m saving them in the event of apocalypse or if we have to eat each other someday. Just kidding. I don’t know why I’m saving them.

It drives my wife nuts that when we get sushi, they always toss in two sets of chopsticks (rubberband wrapped with a napkin and a soy pack).  We have our own chopsticks already (and napkins and soy sauce), so I have to remember to tell them to take them back.  I don't always, and we end up with a LOT of these over the years.  At least the napkin and soy can be readily used, but the chopsticks just get tossed in the junk bin.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

The mosey junk drawer. It’s in the kitchen, and bigger than the previous one, so I can fit two tape measurers now. I don’t know what any of those keys are for. 

34974794-AE20-4C65-A9AF-0DD034BDC781.jpeg

All your screwdrivers are in a little basket.  That's cute.  And your 2 rolls of tape are next to each other - that's just sick.

• Envious 1

I can't really say junk drawers, maybe stuff drawers. Nothing like that in my dressers, all clothes.

My drawers are the little plastic types where I store my stuff. Little box of lights and cables on the right. Drawers of Go Pro stuff and mounts to the left. And another box of drawers to the left of my computer for photography stuff. Like flash drive sticks, cables etc.

Now GINA, she has junk drawers with who knows what in them! :lol:

151985011_5293441230728332_2017280836637436077_n.jpg

152439591_5293441317394990_8272663758137770493_n.jpg

121188365_4732237143515413_537008292211784366_n.thumb.jpg.968c43ad008dd03dd00d530c47aeb951.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

All your screwdrivers are in a little basket.  That's cute.  And your 2 rolls of tape are next to each other - that's just sick.

Dude, she spent the past 2 hours since @jsharr posted this organizing it and getting it ready for the photo!  Give her SOME credit, man!

• Heart 2

The kitchen junk drawer has cough drops, key chains, spare keys ,pens, glass scraper thingys, a bunch of change, ,flashlights, kitchen shears, a few decorative stamps, measuring tapes, small paint brushes, scissors, hand creams, masking tape, pens, measuring tapes etc.   Don't ask about the junk closet or the junk room.  Or the garage.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Each person should post a picture of their junk drawer.  (NOT their junk pouch!)  I am driving home right now to take a picture of our last drawer in the kitchen, right above the cupboard where we keep dog foods, dog medicines, dog vitamins, and stainless steel dog bowls.  We do not keep treats in that cupboard because Paulie opens it and takes out treats when we are asleep.

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

junk pouch sir!  We are discussing junk  drawers, not briefs with pouches.

I contend that those are drawers.  From Webster:  The word drawers has been used since the 16th century to refer to garments such as stockings, underpants, and pants. It comes from the verb draw used in the sense of pull, probably because you pull them up your legs.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I contend that those are drawers.  From Webster:  The word drawers has been used since the 16th century to refer to garments such as stockings, underpants, and pants. It comes from the verb draw used in the sense of pull, probably because you pull them up your legs.

Might be true but I do not want to see a picture of that!!

7 hours ago, Kzoo said:

One?

This is me

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Kzoo said:

It has lots of other odds and ends... screws, nails, charging cords to long gone devices, a couple flashlights...... In addition to a couple different sized hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, knives.......

Then there is the battery drawer. 

All of that stuff is now in the drawers / tool chest or cabinets in my garage.

Our junk drawer in the kitchen.  2 or 3 pens, 1 baggie of rubber bands, a flashlight and some of the pads of paper you get in the mail.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I really miss the battery testers that were built into the packages for a while. A shame they discontinued that practice. 

I got something like this for about $5 few years back.  Don't miss those packages at all,

Besides, I went with rechargeable batteries a few years back using many A batteries. The little chargers tell you when they are full charge. :D

battery.JPG

15 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

I got something like this for about $5 few years back.  Don't miss those packages at all,

Besides, I went with rechargeable batteries a few years back using many A batteries. The little chargers tell you when they are full charge. :D

battery.JPG

Oops! I forgot all aboot rechargeable battreys! We used to have a bunch of NiMH. There is probably a better type by now. Man, were NiCADs a real POS!