I am sure there was frost on the pumpkin last night.

sheep_herder

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We're the inverse now - 72F outside.  My friends in CO have been saying they are getting snow now.  I'm hoping, for them, that it is a monster season with snow aplenty!  Maybe @denniSis seeing snow too?

Folks 8 miles south got 16" of snow last week, and the mountains got more.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We're the inverse now - 72F outside.  My friends in CO have been saying they are getting snow now.  I'm hoping, for them, that it is a monster season with snow aplenty!  Maybe @denniSis seeing snow too?

We've had snow for a while, but not much. I went for a mt bike ride Sunday and the trails had snow above 7k'. My morning commute has been in the 20s and 30s for at least a month now.

• Heart 1

I like having seasons and temperature changes. Frost sounds lovely.  
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44956/when-the-frost-is-on-the-punkin

However, @Road Runner, bad school memory trigger…In third grade, I had to memorize that poem and recite it in front of the whole parent community while wearing a ridiculous overall and plaid shirt costume, pigtails, and in a “country accent.” Of course, I pulled it off beautifully. There’s a reason the teacher selected me for that part of the pageant. It might have been my somewhat buck teeth, but it was more likely my theatrical ability. Anyway, the topic title stirred up a little trauma. I was very nervous. 

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is that early? Or more than usual?  Is it expected to be a warm or cold winter out there?

Normally get 2-3 snows in October, but amounts vary. Halloween weather can sometimes be vicious. They are saying 'cold winter', but we'll wait and see. We try to be prepared and hope for the best.

15 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Of course, I pulled it off beautifully. There’s a reason the teacher selected me for that part of the pageant. It might have been my somewhat buck teeth, but it was more likely my theatrical ability.

False memory syndrome?