Foreign Disneylands?

Razors Edge

If you were in France, Hong Kong, Japan, or China, and near a Disneyland park, would you make it part of your week or two week vacation?  With kids? Just adults?

I can't say I would, but I wonder if some folks would consider it a big attraction and visit it over a more "real" tourist/cultural site?

image.png.ed77cb0a2080964a5a7b71b86587de7d.png

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If you were in France, Hong Kong, Japan, or China, and near a Disneyland park, would you make it part of your week or two week vacation?

I can't say I would, but I wonder if some folks would consider it a big attraction and visit it over a more "real" tourist/cultural site?

image.png.ed77cb0a2080964a5a7b71b86587de7d.png

No Disneyland visits.  Unless I had a kid in tow.

I knew someone at work, whose wife was uber Disneyland fan,....I think he and she visited Tokyo Disney.

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

No Disneyland visits.  Unless I had a kid in tow.

I don't think I would with kids or without kids.  I'd take kids to Orlando, though.  But then it would be a kid-centric trip, and I would visit the big parks and consult @Tizeye for off-the-beaten path ideas.

• Heart 1

Personally no but the original Disneyland is nearby.   But Disney people are kinda weird that way and I can see them making a trip to France just to see the park. 

My daughter is (well was…) an annual pass holder and is one of the weird people I referenced.  She wants to see Disney world at some point and  I’d venture to guess if we were in a country with a Disney park she would want to see it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Beanz said:

About 30 miles from the Cali Disney. Took our kids there when they were about 6 then again at 14. That was enough for me and none of them really care for it either.  My last visit was about 25 years ago, not long enough for me. :D

I think the lines would kill me now.  Back in the day :whistle: I remember you could almost walk on and off a ride in minutes if you timed it right or went during a non-weekend day.  Sure, the newest coaster might have a line, but that meant the others were being ignored. We'd ride, walk back the front, and ride again until we moved on to another one.

Nowadays, you need to buy extra upgrades to move to the front, otherwise your in for a long ass wait :(

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I think the lines would kill me now.  Back in the day :whistle: I remember you could almost walk on and off a ride in minutes if you timed it right or went during a non-weekend day.  Sure, the newest coaster might have a line, but that meant the others were being ignored. We'd ride, walk back the front, and ride again until we moved on to another one.

Nowadays, you need to buy extra upgrades to move to the front, otherwise your in for a long ass wait :(

When my parents took me as a kid, we needed a book of tickets to get on rides. The big rides were an E ticket IIRC, The A tickets sucked, might as well throw them away. :D

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

When my parents took me as a kid, we needed a book of tickets to get on rides. The big rides were an E ticket IIRC, The A tickets sucked, might as well throw them away. :D

Same here. The Hall of Presidents was an A ticket. The Matterhorn, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and the one where you drove cars on a track were the big attractions in the 60’s. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Same here. The Hall of Presidents was an A ticket. The Matterhorn, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and the one where you drove cars on a track were the big attractions in the 60’s. 

I never liked tickets.  By the time we hit Disneyworld in 1981, it was one ticket to get in.  Same with Hershey Park or Great Adventure, but some smaller parks were still tickets.  I think my parents liked the tickets as they got in "free" and didn't need to ride the rides.  My dad would do a bunch of them, but we'd wear him out eventually, but my mom would NEVER ride anything, so tickets would be best for her.

If I had a month in some location, it might be interesting to see a foreign take on Disney, but it would be very low on my list.  I enjoyed going to Disney a few times with friends when I lived in Los Angeles, but it seems like you need to do a lot of advance work to enjoy  a trip to Disney these days. They have a whole new fast pass system and I think I'd be afraid that I was missing out on some of the advantages I should be getting.  Plus whole forums are dedicated to when you need to make reservations, what attractions require advance planning etc and it's an expensive day trip, so you want to make sure you make the most of your day.

Not only no, but hell no!

Actually I haven't been to the local Disney World for several decades, so no way would spend(waste) time in France.

Actually, my daughter is vacationing this week in France, staying at a airBnB in the countryside near where Vincent van Gogh lived. Wife is jealous as hell!  Discussing what to do when 5 y/o (or probably turns 6) grandson when they visit. There are so many attractions in and near Orlando, that Disney doesn't even make the list. Two highly probable 1) Legoland and 2) the Space Center. Then there is obviously the beach and other activities...but no Disney. May do Disney Springs (former Downtown Disney) but it is so crowded.

Speaking of crowded, Yes, I remember the A-E tickets where had to budget and plan. With the one price, it is a congested free-for-all with lines backing up. SOLUTION? Sell a special pass that allows you to cut to the front of the line...as if you didn't pay enough already.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Disney has a pass system now so you don’t have to stand in line.  From what my daughter told me there is an app & you reserve a time for the ride and just show up a few minutes before ride time.  If you plan it right way you can time your rides I maximize your rides.

She would often go after work mid week for a couple of hours when it was really quiet but she wasn’t necessarily going for the rides. She just loves Disney & CA Adventure.

2 hours ago, Wilburger said:

No, when I am in France, I like to do French things, same with Japan.  China...if I never go back it will be too soon. But no, I don't do American things in foreign countries. I do them in America. 

Do you wear lederhosen and drink Captain Morgan when you go to Bavaria?

bavarian-men-491280.jpg

• Haha 1