So, what’s with you sprayer people?

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

Let’s say you have a kitchen sink faucet that toggles between stream and spray. The default setting of    every    other    faucet  is stream. So, why set the toggle to spray? I don’t remember anyone previously using the free-hand sprayer to    say   wash your hands, fill the sink, add water to a pan for Ramen noodles. But   now   we’re supposed to just use the faucet on spray all.the.time. And then wipe up water when it splashes all.over.the.kitchen. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

Our Pfister has a button that has to be held for spray.  That annoyed me at first but I guess it is a good design. Our previous, a Delta I think, had a maintained button.

I am quite pleased with this Pfister because I tried one for the bathroom before that was junk. I never would have bought another one but my wife did. Actually now I have had bad luck with deltas dripping prematurely so I won’t buy any more of those. :(

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

As it should be. 

I don’t know. Then poor people like poor moseysusan can be boobytrapped. I am getting attached to our “hold to spray” type. I guess a lot of acceptance or preference is just what you are used to and if you’ve made peace with it.  

The problem is if you have high water pressure you would have to get in the habit of turning the water on slowly in case it was left on spray, and a good design would not make you do that. Even if there is a good indicator offline, you should not be required to check that before turning on. So to always default to stream is a good design, as is hold to spray, but I don’t think a maintained button that holds last setting is a good design.  The only real problem with hold to spray is you can’t leave it unattended on spray, or use both hands for something else while on spray, but I have quickly adapted to always having to hold it. 

4 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

The problem is if you have high water pressure you would have to get in the habit of turning the water on slowly in case it was left on spray, and a good design would not make you do that

My new normal is checking that the switch is set to stream before turning on the faucet. The burden of evidence is on the affirmative, though, so I’m used to it.