Damn! Cut my toe along with my toenail!

MickinMD

I may have to start having medical offices cut my toenails. I'm not doing a good job.

I have my annual wellness checkup early tomorrow morning, so I started doing everything to look and smell pretty tonight so I can just get up and go there in the morning: a fasting diabetic blood test is included so I can't eat breakfast first and is the reason I scheduled it so early in the day.

My toenails are a mess in general: I have a referral to see a podiatrist but have been putting it off until the COVID numbers drop.

So I tried to carefully trim them before the wellness test tomorrow and caught the edge of the big toe along with the nail.

So I went to the medicine cabinet and my bandaid box wasn't there!

Eventually I found them, after wrapping a paper towel around the toe and wiping drops of blood off the floor.

Fortunately it isn't a bad cut, but the hell with the rest of the toes on that foot - it's the better looking one anyway and the other foot's toenails are done.

I still need to take a shower before I go, but may wait until tomorrow AM or may wrap one of the 100 pack of rubbery gloves I bought during the pandemic around the end of my foot if I shower tonight.

• Sad 3

Check out senior services in your area..cheaper than a podiatrist..if you need medical foot care..we have a foot care nurse..I think she is an RN..comes twice a month to do toes.

If it is just trimming..my bike buddy Ian who is vision impaired..was told by his GP..get a pedicure at a decent nail place..skip the polish:D

• Heart 1

Dr. Mick, this post makes me worry about you. I hope you can get some help with this. Take care of those feet. 
look into a senior center service. Hell, if I was there we could cut them for ya. My husband is quite good at caring for people. 

do you use toenail specific cutters? 

• Heart 2

Here's the tip I like to share. My toenails were looking really gnarly and I was having troubles with them being misshapen, in grown, and splitting longitudinally. I started applying a vitamin E skin oil I had on the shelf. Now I have trouble free and really quite attractive toenails. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1