ONION BREATH....Don't Need to Worry for a While (Salmonella Warning)

Mr. Beanz

2 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I go to Kroger's grocery store and am signed up to get email notification of these kinds of things. They do quite good. As soon as they find out, I find out.

Interesting!

You'd think "ProSource" would know what grocery stores it sells to??? Or what wholesale distributors which might help with other restaurants or smaller grocers?

I gotta think, though, a little salmonella poisoning once in a while would really boost the immune system! People are such wussies these days. I blame "scientists".

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Interesting!

You'd think "ProSource" would know what grocery stores it sells to??? Or what wholesale distributors which might help with other restaurants or smaller grocers?

I gotta think, though, a little salmonella poisoning once in a while would really boost the immune system! People are such wussies these days. I blame "scientists".

Many smaller chains have to wait in line behind the big chains for their produce. Big chains also contract to purchase produce. Small independents have to go over to the market and pick through what is left. 

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Many smaller chains have to wait in line behind the big chains for their produce. Big chains also contract to purchase produce. Small independents have to go over to the market and pick through what is left. 

But you agree that a few germs will toughen us up????  Had more wimpified 'Mericans eaten a some botulism, salmonella, and listeria, then COVID would have never gotten anywhere! We've wussified the common man :(

• Awesome 1

Cut up some onions Tuesday night for the green tomato chutney.  Super strong, I had to keep going outside, my eyes were burning.  I'm hoping the cooking killed the salmonella.

Ended up with 25 jars.  Not as good as last year's batch, but I can't find the old recipe.

Started the Green Tomato fritters last night, only made a couple dozen.  I'll do a bunch more Friday night.  Scallions from the farm in that one, so we won't die.

• Heart 1