Upgraded Trail Section

My big local rail trail is the W&OD and is 45  miles long from the VA exurbs that ends just at the edge of Wash DC.  Anyway, it snakes its way from rolling countryside to increasingly denser areas, and one section toward the DC end in Falls Church has been upgrading the path to better accommodate the cyclists - VERY popular commuter route by that point - and pedestrians.  I finally got in that direction last evening to see the new "stuff" that they are finalizing.

Not bad.  Their still sorting out the road crossings and curb cuts, plus some degree of landscaping being worked on.  But, in general a nice stretch that they should consider modeling for much more than the 2 or 3 miles they did.  They also added a huge sweeping bridge over a bigger road, so that helps really alleviate a bottleneck/slowdown/risky intersection altogether.

1804338335_GH060182_Moment(Large).thumb.jpg.419c407b57f518f6f8b9d77e789d9767.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Late in my enlistment I shipped my bike to VA and rode it some.  Mainly rode the Potomac trail between Mt Vernon & DC.  

I’d like to ride NoVa again for old time sake… A meet up ride with @Old No. 7 & you would be cool! 

Holler when you want to roll. I will try to make it happen. What size frame are you? We might be able to find a ride for you while your wife keeps her Mom busy.

• Awesome 1

Just now, Old No. 7 said:

Holler when you want to roll. I will try to make it happen. What size frame are you? We might be able to find a ride for you while your wife keeps her Mom busy.

For one ride I can do anything from a 54 to a 57.  I’m 5’10 34” inseam measures to the ground.

Im sure we’ll be back in NOVA at some point but my wife is in no hurry to fly back during the Pandemic.