So I watched the Chappelle special that is causing trans people to spontaneously combust

Randomguy

It wasn't all that bad.  He is clearly thinking about this trans thing a lot, and it didn't seem all that bad, mostly.  But he did talk about it it a bunch, trying to deal with what he apparently previously said on stage about it.  

What was particularly jarring is that I am not used to hearing the n word all the time, and he said it a ton.  Yeah, he is black and so can say it, but it seemed gratuitous and a bit excessive.

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It wasn't all that bad.  He is clearly thinking about this trans thing a lot, and it didn't seem all that bad, mostly.  But he did talk about it it a bunch, trying to deal with what he apparently previously said on stage about it.  

What was particularly jarring is that I am not used to hearing the n word all the time, and he said it a ton.  Yeah, he is black and so can say it, but it seemed gratuitous and a bit excessive.

He does good interviews.  He a cool guy, and I haven't watched the show, but stand-up comedy is tough to be too uppity about.  It is pretty much the purpose of "adult" comedy.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

He does good interviews.  He a cool guy, and I haven't watched the show, but stand-up comedy is tough to be too uppity about.  It is pretty much the purpose of "adult" comedy.

What would Don Rickles even talk about today?  Everyone is so serious and touchy about every damn thing.  Yeah, trans people are different, and apparently get their sense of humor removed when genitalia are rearranged to correspond with how they are feeling.  I don't much care about the moving from one gender to the other or what bathroom you use, but keep the sense of humor!

Don't hear the N word often, where do you live, Disneyland? :lol:

I hear the word nonstop over here. White guys, Chinese guys, Mexicans at intersections blasting music songs like I"m a N from blah blah blah. That is always kind of funny to see. Little Chinese guy wrapping while walking the mall, words claiming to be one. :facepalm:

I really believe part of why things are getting more F'd up is no one is able to laugh at themselves anymore. On a FB political group of supposedly like-minded people, I made a snarky comment about Christmas being late for some people. Most took it in the tongue-in-cheek way I meant it. But I did get called a petty a-hole by someone who didn't. I'm not one for the whole echo chamber thing. This is just a group designed to let us vent some thoughts without creating a kerfuffle in FB at large. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

That's a bunch of PC BS in my book. If any human is allowed to say it, all humans should be allowed to say it. If it should be excluded from any segment of the population, it should be excluded from all.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

That's a bunch of PC BS in my book. If any human is allowed to say it, all humans should be allowed to say it. If it should be excluded from any segment of the population, it should be excluded from all.

It's maybe similar to someone horsing around & accidentally bumping someone and knocking them onto the train tracks in front of an on-coming express vs walking up and pushing them in front of the train on purpose.  Probably both "bad", but not the same.  One thing is done without any intent to harm (but may cause harm), while the other is often EXPLICITLY intended to cause harm.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It's maybe similar to someone horsing around & accidentally bumping someone and knocking them onto the train tracks in front of an on-coming express vs walking up and pushing them in front of the train on purpose.  Probably both "bad", but not the same.  One thing is done without any intent to harm (but may cause harm), while the other is often EXPLICITLY intended to cause harm.

Wow.  This is pretty brilliant.  Well done

18 hours ago, Randomguy said:  

Yeah, funny as hell guy, but a lot of N-words. Part of the schtick, I guess.