Tornado warning

Longjohn

33 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

It’s a shame that we don’t have a weather-death-disaster notification as part of the SWC forum. An early warning would have been better.

I have all the warnings turned off on my phone. I got tired of hearing Amber alerts all the time where it’s always in the big cities and a noncustodial parent doesn’t return the kids after a visit. 
I keep my wife’s phone charged in case one of the grandkids wants to play with it. She had lots of games downloaded on it for them. It still has the alarms on it.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Just got here. I was out helping my daughter buy her first used car. And being treated like we are insane for not buying the extended warranty.

On the north side of the system we’re just getting lightning and thunder. 

Excuses are for the weak.  LongJohn almost died and you need to apologize.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Excuses are for the weak.  LongJohn almost died and you need to apologize.

I almost died driving home tonight. Just in my lane minding my own business, and out of nowhere like a rock comes a truck barreling towards me. If he didn’t stay in his lane, he coulda killed me. 
I think I’m due an apology. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I almost died driving home tonight. Just in my lane minding my own business, and out of nowhere like a rock comes a truck barreling towards me. If he didn’t stay in his lane, he coulda killed me. 
I think I’m due an apology. 

I’m sorry you can’t see fit to step up and accept responsibility for your total lack of professionalism and inability to do the one job we expect.

• Hugs 1

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I’m sorry you can’t see fit to step up and accept responsibility for your total lack of professionalism and inability to do the one job we expect.

You sound like my parents, my first girlfriend, my baseball coach, my college professors, my first wife, several of my bosses, and my second wife. What is wrong with everyone?

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My wife’s phone just went crazy I checked it and it said tornado headed this way.

Other locations impacted by this tornadic thunderstorm include Stoneboro, Clark, Sandy Lake, Fredonia, Jackson Center, Mercer, West Middlesex and Maurice K Goddard State Park.

My phone did the same, I assumed it was an Amber Alert and kept eating dinner. After dinner I checked my phone. It told me I needed to rush to the basement. DeathJim’s joy ride could have cost me.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My phone did the same, I assumed it was an Amber Alert and kept eating dinner. After dinner I checked my phone. It told me I needed to rush to the basement. DeathJim’s joy ride could have cost me.

Did you get a big storm? We had quite a storm but the lights stayed on. A lot of noise, thunder and wind noise and heavy rain.