Are you into pillows?

Square Wheels

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

The wife just bought a new comforter.  Now we need pillows.  Why?  They site on top a bureau for two weeks until the house keepers come and make the bed.  Then they go back on the bureau.

Housekeepers?  I don’t understand.  Aren’t you the keep of the house?

Yes, these are very important. We keep the show pillows that go on top of the duvet in the guest room with the good duvet. I put them on the bed when the cleaning person comes. I don’t want her to think that we are slobs. On the other days, we just have the sheets, real pillows, and quilt one. 

I'm lost about putting on pillows for show, on duvet covered bed.

I've never lived in a home like this....nor do any of my siblings do their beds like this...and some of them are far neater than me. :D  I'm still not clear the purpose. Sounds quite Western-European style to me. 

Shortly after my concussion, it was so important to find a  pillow where I could sleep without neck pain. My favourite 20 yr. old pillow fell apart. After 3 months, I found my saviour pillow.  (And after I bought a wrong pillow for $56.00 :( )  I tend to sleep on low pillows.  So when I was vacationing all over Japan, the hotel pillows were perfect for me. :) 

image.thumb.png.99799c6d40238c1ba0f91a6f96425a6c.png