So whatcha reading?

Ralphie

Just finished a nice short one, The Lost Art of Doing Nothing, by a Dutch lady. The Dutch call it niksen, which in retrospect sounds a lot like Nixon. :D  It was enjoyable. :)

Currently it is Coders, which is also very enjoyable but is so big that it is going to take me a long long time to finish!  The first book was an ebook which I now sort of prefer.  Coders is a big ass physical book, which is  fine when there is sufficient light, but tough for my old eyes in less than ideal light.  The ebook makes its own light. :)  Anyhoo, it is interesting how much is in the hands of programmers these days.  I have always enjoyed reading about this stuff, like the many many books aboot Bell Labs and Unix in its heyday and Xerox PARC  where they invented the wimp interface and all.  It started with some interesting vignettes of where programmers come from, how they used to be so rare and then to the pc and game console and now phone era that has made the ability to start programming very widespread.

So whatchu reading, Willis?