Have you ever seen a ghost?

Airehead

A real one, not the one on the lamp post at  @Thaddeus Kosciuszko's house.

I have noticed there presence but have never seen anything.  For example open doors closing when all windows are latched and there is no breeze.  This  happens semi-regularly at my dad's place.  Also, in our house in WVa., you could occasionally here a woman crying, even if you were alone.

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Nope. 

However, I will say that I was on a fishing trip with a bunch of my buddies & we saw a spectral form walking on the water towards us & we all though it was a ghost. Turned out it was our buddy Hay-sus just making us look foolish again.  

How did he do it?

Not that we haven't tried as visited several places that were reputed to be haunted. Most of the time it was not an intentional seeking, but after the fact learning. Would look at an episode of  Ghost Hunters" and weve been there.  One time in Savanah at a BnB across from Forsyth Park, our upstairs window opened during the night and other incidents happened - then learned of the haunted rumors. Same trip was at a famous cemetery supposedly had a ghost dog...is that the reason  wife tripped and fell on a clear path? In England went on a haunted pub crawl trip. Ignoring "things" happen when you drink a lot, but two funny incidents. We were out in a field where supposedly a priest was burned at a stake and the ghost returns. Wife when to take a picture but her camera at the time was the Minolta Talker and didn't have sound turned off...so in this large group already on edge a mechanical voice speaks "Use Flash" and everybody  freaks. Last stop on the trip was a crossroads where someone who committed suicide was buried with the myth that the ghost would be confused by the crossroads and wouldn't know where to go. We heard some rustling in the bushes and everyone turned their flashlights in that direction only to light up another member on the trip relieving himself of some of the beer consumed...he had a really sheepish grin as he was the last to board the bus.

• Heart 2

I wasn't there but a friend liked to tempt fate. He and a friend took a Ouija board into a cemetery on a night with a full moon. They were there about 15 minutes when both felt the pressure of a cold hand on their shoulders, but no one was there. They ran from the cemetery leaving the Ouija board behind. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Well…. One quiet night on Ft McNair I was doing building checks.  I came upon a small office building and noticed a light on?  That’s odd so went into the building and checked it out only to find it completely dark?  Went back outside and looked from the outside, hmm light is on.  Went back in and found all lights off.  

So I’m  thinking someone’s fucking with me so I call a K9 unit to do a sweep. K9 rolls up and says what’s up?  See that light on? Yup. Everytime I go in that building to check all the lights are off. I think someone’s in there flipping the light on & off.  OK let’s go check it out.

So the K9 is at the door, dog is barking, Military Police K9, come out or we’re coming in and you will get bit!!!  After a few seconds nothing so he lets the dog off leash and the dog freezes. Tail between legs & whimpering at the doorway.  WTF Duke get in there!!! Dog won’t budge!?!!

The K9 Sgt looks at me and says building secure yeah?  Fucking A let’s get out of here! And we leave the building with the light still on.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I have gone out of my way to look for ghosts and NEVER have seen one.

I have relatives who are visited in dreams by the deceased who leave them with messages like, "I'm ok," then walk into the light.

I have dreams about the deceased but NEVER realize in the dream they're supposed to be deceased.

My father's brother Tom married, Ceil, the girl next door, whose mother, Amelia Davis, was a "coffee grounds reader" of some note in Altoona, PA. She once read the future for Eleanor Roosevelt.

After my Aunt Ceil died young, Uncle Tom married a woman, Della, who was a bitch.  She blamed Tom & Ceil's daughter, Linda, for tearing up dresses Della had in a locked footlocker in the attic.  Linda told me that she never did it, that they saw her mother's ghost in the hallways until Uncle Tom divorced Della, and the ghostly presence was why they sold their house and bought a different one.  Ceil's mother Amelia told me she saw Ceil's ghost in that house.

On the day my father, in a WW2 Darby's Rangers raid, was wounded - eventually losing 3 fingers on his left hand - behind the lines north of Anzio in 1944, Amelia phoned my father's mother and asked, "What happened to Lou?"

My grandmother said she had no news and Amelia said, "I don't want to worry you, but something serious has happened to Lou and it involves a dead woman."

I remember growing up "knowing" that the only thing "Grandma" Amelia Davis got wrong was the dead woman - there was none.  Then, my father told the Amelia story at a Ranger Reunion in 1964.  Another Ranger, James Altieri, said, "Lou, don't you know the name of that farm village where you got hit? 'Femina Morte,' Italian for "Dead Woman."

That is the ONE unexplainable, supernatural experience I've been associated with.

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I wasn't there but a friend liked to tempt fate. He and a friend took a Ouija board into a cemetery on a night with a full moon. They were there about 15 minutes when both felt the pressure of a cold hand on their shoulders, but no one was there. They ran from the cemetery leaving the Ouija board behind. 

Reminded me of my adolescence. My sister had a Ouija board and had several of her friends over, closing her bedroom door as they used it. Being the good older brother that I was, I didn't go in her room and disturb them. Rather, I went outside and began scratching on her window screen. Oh, their panic and screams were great :frantics: as they went running out of her room. Took them a while to figure it out. :D

• Haha 2

Never "seen" a ghost, but there's been a few incidents, and I've heard secondhand of tons more.  I have little reason to believe they couldn't be a thing.  I would enjoy passing afterlife time by messing with humans.

I put no stock people's dreams of deceased.  Your brain can come up with all sorts of stories, and that's all a dream is - your brain making stuff up.  Spend all day thinking "I hope he's happy on the other side", of course he'll visit you that night.

• Heart 1

Not to my knowledge but in my teens I did consume a considerable amount of hallucinogens. I had a very long conversation with a 10ft glass of orange juice and got stuck in a egg shaped room with the sound dripping off the curved walls. 

One or two of those incidences coulda been a ghost

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

I did consume a considerable amount of hallucinogens.

Oh and real talk kids; DO NOT drop a bunch of acid and the go to a baseball game. I was 16 and went with a group of friends to Briggs stadium for a Tigers game. Most of my friends got high but I was a special kind of nut. We made it into the stadium when it hit and boy was it magical. Course my friends being stoned completely forgot to look out for me and left me at the entryway looking down at the field while they wen off to our seats. I finally found them, they had my ticket to boot, around the 7th inning. My best friend Craig still uses my first phrase I said upon finding them ,to this day.

Man, Narnia is no joke. 

Nope! I don't believe in that stuff so even if it really was a thing, I probably wouldn't be able to sense or see it because I don't believe. Like they say about hypnotizing. 

But when I was about 14, some kids down the way said their mother was a witch and did the seance type thing.  We were invited to attend, a bunch of neighborhood kids. She had a really cool set up and outfit. She went on when the front door flew open, drapes flew open, pounding under the raised floor, lights flickering.

Some kids got so scared they ran through her screen door once the front door opened. 

I thought it was a scary moment but I just sat there looking around trying to figure it out. She had 2 other children that weren't present in the house at the time so I am thinking that was it. We had a good laugh after and the family kids still swear it was real.

But I'm the type that even if I did see a ghost, I'd stand there and ask ,wtf do you want?". :lol:

I've heard spirits don't leave till they have things settled or complete. So if I knew what they want, I might be able to help.