Only in Ohio...

Kzoo

"Ohio makes big mistake in new state license plate: wrong-way Wright Flyer revealed"

"Hours after Gov. Mike DeWine and Ohio First Lady Fran DeWine unveiled a new license plate Thursday morning that featured the iconic Wright Brothers’ airplane prototype facing the wrong direction, Ohio BMV officials said they have corrected the plate design.

“We are aware that the plane on the new Ohio license plate unveiled this morning was oriented in the wrong direction. We regret this mistake and have fixed the image,” Ohio BMV spokeswoman Lindsay Bohrer said."

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would think NC would be better suited to having a flight license plate.  Ohio is credited rightly with almost all of the good ideas and inventions this country has ever had, along with the best people, so no need to have a license plate on top of it, too.  Yeah, yeah, I know Wilbur and Orville Wright are from Ohio and all, but it is embarrassing on top of all that Ohio provides the people of the lesser states, spread the glory around, I say.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

And the river is not on fire

When I was in high school... a guy transferred in to my school.  He was from Cleveland.  I asked him once... What did you do for fun in Cleveland?   He told me they used to go out and watch the river burn.   

• Heart 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, Randomguy said:

I would think NC would be better suited to having a flight license plate.  Ohio is credited rightly with almost all of the good ideas and inventions this country has ever had, along with the best people, so no need to have a license plate on top of it, too.  Yeah, yeah, I know Wilbur and Orville Wright are from Ohio and all, but it is embarrassing on top of all that Ohio provides the people of the lesser states, spread the glory around, I say.

Glenn Curtiss in Hammondsport NY had the first flight, but tried to save money by using a cut rate PR firm. 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, maddmaxx said:

Yes.  Strangely, even though many aircraft have reverse thrust, none of them fly backwards.  They can roll backwards but not fly.

Well to be a stickler about it, helicopters are aircraft and can fly backwards. So can the AV-8A Harrier and the Navy version of the F-35C. Then there's thigs like hot air balloons, dirigibles, and blimps.