Is your sink a repository of grossness?

Randomguy

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Is this another, "I want to die early because I am afraid of germs" thread?  Like salmonella, you can't live to be 100 without a bit of nasty, germy sink grossness in your life.

I see these cooking shows where some jerkface or other says something like "Thoroughly wash your chicken" and proceeds to fill the sink up and soak the chicken in there for a while.

I find this completely disgusting and unrealistic.  Most people's sinks are disgusting, mine sure is!  To top it off, these tv chefs will then just wipe their hands on some week-old greasy towel and handle all kinds of other kitchen items like spices, plates, platters, silverware, etc. with their unwashed hands.  Dumbfucks.

I bet your bathroom sinks are gross, too.

• Heart 1

I always find it funny when my wife leaves bfast dishes in the sink. Then my son figures the dishwasher has clean dishes in it and ads to her dishes.  Then she gets pissed off that there is a sink full of dirty dishes at the end of the day.  

I don’t leave dishes in the sink unless the dishwasher is running and more often than not am putting away hers too to avoid the situation noted above.   

• Haha 1

It is right now.  Maybe not tonight.  

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I see these cooking shows where some jerkface or other says something like "Thoroughly wash your chicken" and proceeds to fill the sink up and soak the chicken in there for a while.

I find this completely disgusting and unrealistic.  Most people's sinks are disgusting, mine sure is!  To top it off, these tv chefs will then just wipe their hands on some week-old greasy towel and handle all kinds of other kitchen items like spices, plates, platters, silverware, etc. with their unwashed hands.  Dumbfucks.

I bet your bathroom sinks are gross, too.

Mine are  white.  Loving the easy to clean surfaces. Shiny.

We have a magnet that goes from the dishwasher to the stove. It says Dirty, rather cute button looking magent.

If the dishes in the washer are dirty, we stick it on the dishwasher. If they have been washed, then the mag goes back on to the stove.

We never had dirty dishes in the sink because that is against my religion.

Either rinse out your plates and put them in the washer, or wash them and put them away.

If I cook or eat something, I wash them right after I eat, dry them  and put them away. Wash plates, utensils, scrub pots and pans. I hate stuff in the sink. 

Also place ice down the disposal, turn on and chop it up to help keep it clean.

No.  My pre-fire house had a double sink in the kitchen.  I decided I wanted one big, 33" single stainless steel sink even though I have limited counter space. Being single and not wanting to pile stuff up in the dishwasher, I wash dishes by hand and have a dish rack that sits above about 40% of the sink.  That also helps me keep the sink itself from getting too grungy.

Here's my 33" kitchen and it's not perfect, but not bad - most of the dark areas are shadows due to a picture taken at dusk.  The few dirty items will be washed while supper, leftovers, are being nuked.  The nozzle of the faucet, visible at the top, has a hose that allows it to be pulled out so I can spray all over the bottom without hitting the counter-space-saving dish rack.

20211022_175409_900p.jpg.ec145177ab10f0d8f855912c6097d5c0.jpg