Is velcro too aggressive?

Dirtyhip

I like 3M's dual lock. I first got a sample of this 20 years ago. OEM's used it for tanneau covers for convertible tops in the 90s. It holds very well, and both sides are symmetrical, unlike Velcro. But both have their place.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/dual-lock-reclosable-fasteners-us/

• Heart 1

I have a pair of sneakers with two velcro straps on each shoe.  Easy on, easy off.  They're not as tight as laces but shoes that are a little loose but not too loose work for me if I'm just shopping in stores, and not needing serious traction.

I have a pair of Wrangler fisherman's sandals with velcro straps.  They work great but I don't think Wrangler makes them anymore. I wore a pair of them on the rocky Caribbean beach at Costa Maya in 2017, a made-up tourist trap on the Yucatan Peninsula.  To rent cheap slippers to swim in cost $20.  I wore my $15.95 sandals in the water, hosed them down in my cruise ship cabin, and they lasted another year, velcro and all.  A couple others in my extended-family group wore their cheap sandals and they fell apart from the salt water within a day or so.

Now that I think of it, that beach was one of the few places we stopped that had free Wifi Internet (I didn't pay for it on the ship) and I sent pictures from that beach to here back then:

IMG_20170816_104843.thumb.jpg.6ef7eeecfdfd42b0f15f759252614c16.jpg IMG_20170816_104935.thumb.jpg.a24962659f31ee43a588031eca239f2f.jpg

SANY0046clar_900p.JPG.c5b794d6d7c48fb72f83d1545ac4282d.JPG