Are there any girl singing groups?

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Look up Haim.  Three sisters from the Valley who have had some success but haven’t really hit it big.  The third song on this video has a Fleetwood Mac vibe.

Good one!  Also First Aid Kit, Indigo Girls, although both are only duos, not sure if that counts, and Zepparella.  But it looks like First Aid Kit has some males when they play live, but they may not sing.  Complicated. :D

• Heart 1

I second Haim - they deserve to be better known than they are.

If you like Americana/folk stuff, Lula Wiles is (or was until recently) a band of three women from rural Maine.  My daughter and I saw them play a short free concert last month - their harmonies on stage sounded just as great as on their recordings. Sadly it's my understanding they're branching out into solo projects - since they excel when their harmonies intertwine, the solo stuff has left me flat.

love the coda in this one.

• Heart 1

I'm out of touch.  The last ones I remember liking from rock are Expose and the last from country are The Dixie Chicks who, I think, are just The Chicks now and before that Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, and Emmylou Harris, who sounded really good together and put out a couple platinum albums as a trio.

• Heart 1