The Google can't math

Parr8hed

I googled halfway point between Greenville IN and Gulf shores Al.  It said "Birmingham Al". 

Googled Drive time from Greenville to Birmingham and it was 5 hrs 49 min.

Drive time from Birmingham to Gulf Shores and it was 4 hrs 23 min.

I will no longer trust google.

Why would you need a halfway point?

Hop the kiddies up on Dramamine and drive! 10hours + stops means a 6am start gets ya there in time for dinner on the beach.

When I was young a road trip with the parents meant I drank little an peed into a cup. Poor sisters had it worse. 

I'm debating that right now.  I can easily do a 10-11 hr drive.  Kids can do it pretty good.  The Expedition is super nice to travel in.  Drives well, has a DVD player in it, plenty of room.  But the kids REALLY like staying at a hotel halfway.  With hotwire you can do it pretty cheap.  And free breakfast, pool etc.  It also makes sense to drive it nice an easy in two days.  Cuts down a ton on my aggressiveness  when driving. 

I googled halfway point between Greenville IN and Gulf shores Al.  It said "Birmingham Al". 

Googled Drive time from Greenville to Birmingham and it was 5 hrs 49 min.

Drive time from Birmingham to Gulf Shores and it was 4 hrs 23 min.

I will no longer trust google.

It could be "as the crow flies" as Petite said, or it could be the fact that it IS the halfway point in miles. Roads aren't straight shots, so depending on the roads it could be the halfway point on the route they used.

It could be "as the crow flies" as Petite said, or it could be the fact that it IS the halfway point in miles. Roads aren't straight shots, so depending on the roads it could be the halfway point on the route they used.

don't go bringing your damn logic in here.  This is about math, not logic.