Do you think that Polar bears

Dirtyhip
Go to solution Solved by Wilbur,

Eggcelent topic. Black bears, polar bears, grizzly bears, and panda bears exist in their respective environments and rarely meet outside of those. But what happens when they do? I think Grizzly bears win due to their size advantage. Polar bears and pandas win based on geographical and climate advantages. Call it a draw. Black bears win when there are trees to climb. Polar bears and panda bears can't climb worth shit and would lose in tree based environments. Yogi bears would win in picnic basket contests. Booboo bears win in cuteness competitions.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis — In western Wisconsin, it only took seconds for a black bear to climb the tree a hunter was in and put its paw in his lap. 

Dalton Roach was hunting for deer when he saw the bear he says was about 250 to 300 pounds.

"It's definitely not totally uncommon for a bear to go into a tree with a hunter," said Roach. "But the fact that he actually starting gnawing on me and stuff, like that was a little abnormal."

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Eggcelent topic. Black bears, polar bears, grizzly bears, and panda bears exist in their respective environments and rarely meet outside of those. But what happens when they do? I think Grizzly bears win due to their size advantage. Polar bears and pandas win based on geographical and climate advantages. Call it a draw. Black bears win when there are trees to climb. Polar bears and panda bears can't climb worth shit and would lose in tree based environments. Yogi bears would win in picnic basket contests. Booboo bears win in cuteness competitions.

Don't forget the spirit bear....an albino bear...that lives in Pacific northwest rain forests.  Rare.

Large male grizzlies are in the 700-800 lbs range, male PBS can be 1200-1500lbs and have even been known to pull a beluga whale out of a polynya.  I wouldn't bet on either, but wouldn't want to be in between the two.

Grizzly are more aggressive, but having faced down a 900lbs PB from 32 feet away, they are scary as shit.  He was walking towards me. 

My buddy got charged by a Grizzly and had to kill it.  Yikes!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Large male grizzlies are in the 700-800 lbs range, male PBS can be 1200-1500lbs and have even been known to pull a beluga whale out of a polynya.  I wouldn't bet on either, but wouldn't want to be in between the two.

Grizzly are more aggressive, but having faced down a 900lbs PB from 32 feet away, they are scary as shit.  He was walking towards me. 

My buddy got charged by a Grizzly and had to kill it.  Yikes!   

POTD right here.  Oof.  

Terrifying.  I don't even like seeing raccoons.  Not a huge fan of badgers either.  A PB? Nope.  Nope.  

1500 #s.  Cripes.  I didn't know they were THAT big. <now I am googling PB stats>

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

TREMPEALEAU COUNTY, Wis — In western Wisconsin, it only took seconds for a black bear to climb the tree a hunter was in and put its paw in his lap. 

Dalton Roach was hunting for deer when he saw the bear he says was about 250 to 300 pounds.

"It's definitely not totally uncommon for a bear to go into a tree with a hunter," said Roach. "But the fact that he actually starting gnawing on me and stuff, like that was a little abnormal."

That was part of our evening news 2 nights ago..not all that far down the road from here.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Zephyr said:

He got 3 shots off during the charge.  Bear ended up 6 feet from him after it dropped and slid.  Buddy's got a big pair hanging for holding his ground and taking the time to aim his shots.

Two of us got left behind for 3 1/2 hours one time waiting for the copter to come back, with only a 12 Guage and some slugs I  prime Grizzly country with lots of fresh tracks.  I was happy to see the chopper before dark

Big brass ones for sure but really what are your options as you ain’t outrunning a charging grizzly.  

• Heart 1