Where is this place?

Wilbur
Go to solution Solved by UglyBob,

12 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It does not look like a coastal city to me as it looks line it is sprawling in all directions.  

Looking at US weather patterns last night it was rainy on both coasts and clear in the interior so I am guessing Las Vegas.

Sound logic.  We were on the ground two hours after this photo was taken. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

:)   what kind of plane do you fly at 47K feets?

I know that I had to design equipment to operate at 55,000 feet on the <redacted> project.  The higher you shoot from the less water vapor in the air you have to deal with.  Unfortunately from an electronics point of view that's very near the worst part of the Paschen Curve for the resistance of air and high voltages tend to arc over much more easily than at ground level or in orbit.  That's one high flying 747

• Heart 1

I was thinking Atlanta, but didn't see the beltway around it. Alternate was Phoenix, about the same size of Atlanta, that has no beltway, however, the streets didn't match. Phoenix streets are laid out on 1 mile grids with a lone 45 degree street cutting westward from center, where photo matched Atlanta - dump a bowl of spaghetti "These will be our streets and we will call half of them Peachtree."

• Heart 1