So, how did your weekend work out?

jsharr

Got a lot done.

Friday night I picked up dinner from Golden Chick on the way home, as Martha was in bed sick.

Woke up Saturday and took the boys to get donuts and a cup of coffee.  Or at least Wade got a pumpkin spice latte from Pearl Cup.  

Then went to teach a class to new Cubmasters for our local Boy Scout council.  Only had two participants, but better than none and it help me with my Wood Badge ticket.

Then I took WAde to the Scout shop to get new uniform pants and belt for his court of honor tonight.  Getting his Second Class rank and some merit badges.

ON the way home, we stopped and got some steaks, potatoes, corn and egg plant and we cooked dinner so Martha could rest. 

Grilled the steaks, corn and potatoes and Wade sauteed the egg plant and then I watched the Texas Aggies defeat Arkansas.

Sunday, Martha was still sick so we skipped church.  Wade and I mowed the yard and replaced our garbage disposal and then I got in the attic and re ran the wiring for our surround sound as we recently (about a year and a half ago.....) moved our TV and electronics to the other side of the den.

Martha was feeling better Sunday, so she made a really nice lemon chicken orzo soup and then we watched the Dallas Cowboys in surround sound.

What did you do?

I was sick still, but getting better.  Saturday I took RB to meet some friends for a drink.  The drink was nice, but then we had a wander that ran long, and I was over-hungry and was a pain in the ass.  RB was starving, but had so many things to look at that she decided not to eat, so she became a pain in the ass later.  She made friends with a nice doggie before she got uppity.

Yesterday, I went for a bike ride, first exercise in 3 weeks.  I felt totally detrained, but my fitness was not great anyway.  Then I went to a friends place and watched football.  I really didn't watch football, though, because we watched the NFL Redzone thing.  If you don't know what that is, it is where they only show significant plays from every game, usually touchdowns.  They made rubbery wings and nice chili with corn (all chili has beans, too, or it is just spicy meat sauce).

• Heart 1

My weekend was very interesting. I flew up to Madison WI last Tuesday and attended a credit union audit conference at the University of WI FCU.  The weather was gorgeous and the womens were beautiful or maybe it was the other way around.  All the roads have bike lanes and it seems like everyone rides a bike of some type there.  Good beer and good food were plentiful, I would've gained weight if I didn't walk everywhere.  Met up with MadCity, Randomquiet, Badger and Badger's girlfriend on Wednesday night.  We enjoyed each other's company, swapped stories, ate good pizza and drank some New Glarus.  I had an IPA followed by two Oud Bruins, a brown ale brewed with wild yeast, it had a light cherry finish.  Friday, I was supposed to fly back to Dayton but the nut job in Chicago made sure there were no planes to ride on in Madison.  Delta said the next flight was Sunday morning.  Well since work is paying I got a rental car for the weekend, a room at the Hampton Inn and a bathing suit cause they wouldn't let me swim naked.  I met up with Badger Saturday morning.  He lent me his mountain bike and he rode his Gunnar cross bike around one of the lakes in Madison,  Nice ride and I appreciate the effort he made to get me on a bike for a tour of the Madison area.  You see a city differently on two wheels.  In the afternoon I went out to MadCity's farm and chilled most of the day.  I saw the woodshop and learned some things including that he has lived an amazing life for a WI farmer. 

Sunday I flew home thru Minnepolis.  My wife picked me up in Dayton. I then had to help move lazy-ass Joe's stuff out of storage and get some things out of his apartment.  Pack-rat Terry threw him out of the apartment and he's living with us now.  He's got the MRSA.  My wife didn't think that LAJ and PRT were going to take the steps necessary to finally cure his MRSA so she replaced the towels and linens at their apartment.  PRT went ballistic.  I'm glad to be back at work.

• Heart 1

Saturday we took advantage of the Smithsonian Free Museum day and went to the Washington State History Museum in Tacoma. Ate lunch at a wonderful Creperie restaurant across the street. Went to the dog park on Sunday and other than that relaxed a bit. My leg/back has been killing me....it's getting hard to do very much these days. Even small walks (like the museum) send it into painful overdrive.

• Heart 1

Had a 3 day weekend so the wife and I mountain biking in Madison Wi. at Quarry Ridge. Than on Saturday we biked to New Glarus for Okoberfest. Tammy had her first apple pie with cheese on top. Her first Limburger cheese and onion sandwich and seeing some guy riding his bike on the MUP in women's clothing. 

• Heart 1

Saturday we took advantage of the Smithsonian Free Museum day and went to the Washington State History Museum in Tacoma. Ate lunch at a wonderful Creperie restaurant across the street. Went to the dog park on Sunday and other than that relaxed a bit. My leg/back has been killing me....it's getting hard to do very much these days. Even small walks (like the museum) send it into painful overdrive.

Sorry about your back.  That sucks.

• Heart 1

Had a 3 day weekend so the wife and I mountain biking in Madison Wi. at Quarry Ridge. Than on Saturday we biked to New Glarus for Okoberfest. Tammy had her first apple pie with cheese on top. Her first Limburger cheese and onion sandwich and seeing some guy riding his bike on the MUP in women's clothing. 

I remember the first time I heard of apple pie with cheese. Thought it was stupid.  Then I tried it!  I love apple pie with cheese.

Sorry about your back.  That sucks.

Thanks. The problem (root cause) is in my left knee. Every professional I talk to about it basically says, "there isn't an easy fix" and it seems to be getting worse, not better. The back (really more glute area) this time is just another symptom of the knee issue. Seeing a Physical Therapist (for last few months), and now throwing a chiropractor into the mix. The Orthopedic surgeon I saw back around January just gave me messages of gloom and doom.

Thanks. The problem (root cause) is in my left knee. Every professional I talk to about it basically says, "there isn't an easy fix" and it seems to be getting worse, not better. The back (really more glute area) this time is just another symptom of the knee issue. Seeing a Physical Therapist (for last few months), and now throwing a chiropractor into the mix. The Orthopedic surgeon I saw back around January just gave me messages of gloom and doom.

Have you considered learning to hover or teleport?

• Heart 1

Friday I drove 22.5 hours. Saturday I drove 10 hours. Sunday I drove the last 6 hours into my BIL's then got in a car with him and drove another 11 hours to pickup another relative. Today we drove another 2 hours and now we are going to the viewing. The funeral is tomorrow.

Friday I drove 22.5 hours. Saturday I drove 10 hours. Sunday I drove the last 6 hours into my BIL's then got in a car with him and drove another 11 hours to pickup another relative. Today we drove another 2 hours and now we are going to the viewing. The funeral is tomorrow.

Sorry man, truly.  That sucks.