The cure may be worse than the cause

Airehead

Ya know, Forumites tend to roll with the punches.

Got yer thumb ripped off, do shit that doesn't take two thumbs for a while

Cancer....just deal with it

Heart attack...better adjust cardio

I surely hope your ear heals better than ever, Aire, but whatever happens I know you'll roll with it and keep on keepin on    :speedy:

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

21 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Aire, 1 of my sisters had problems with an ear and pain. It was never properly diagnosed what the problem ever was. As a result, she is now permanently deaf in 1 ear for the past 4 yrs. or so.

That is scary. Hearing loss changes your world. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

What is the medicine for that it also affects your eyesight? Does the eardrum heal, or will you need replacement? 

Hopefully it heals. I go back on Friday. The medicine is gapapentin.  Helps the pain does nothing for repair.  It makes me dizzy and blurs my vision. Now only taking it at night so no issue. 

51 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Very sorry to hear this, Aire.    If everything goes in a cycle, you are due for some amazing good luck very soon.

Focusing on this for sure. 
I didn’t even tell everyone here that Ryan is on the disabled list with a very swollen kneecap. No cause known. Back for imaging on Tuesday. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

44 minutes ago, SamWithCheese said:

I am to be immediately notified!  

As soon as I know something I will let you know. Right now it is hugely swollen but he is weight bearing with full range of motion. We have him on crate rest and limited exercise. Blood work out to see if that shows anything.  X-ray was negative for ACL or patella injuries. When he first gets up, he holds it off the ground. Cat scan coming up. 

• Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

Hopefully it heals. I go back on Friday. The medicine is gapapentin.  Helps the pain does nothing for repair.  It makes me dizzy and blurs my vision. Now only taking it at night so no issue. 

Are your dreams blurry?

Before I started school I had constant ear aches and ear infections. It’s a wonder my hearing survived. My parents thought I would need speech therapy because I mispronounced so many words. I was just pronouncing them the way I heard them. When I had my tonsils and adenoids removed just before I started school it solved the problem. Ear aches went away and my hearing was normal I didn’t need speech therapy.

45 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Are your dreams blurry?

Before I started school I had constant ear aches and ear infections. It’s a wonder my hearing survived. My parents thought I would need speech therapy because I mispronounced so many words. I was just pronouncing them the way I heard them. When I had my tonsils and adenoids removed just before I started school it solved the problem. Ear aches went away and my hearing was normal I didn’t need speech therapy.

Very good, but your spelling and word use took a big hit. :D
That may not have been the cause though, because I seem to have the same problom. :(

• Haha 1