Have You Ever Been Arrested?

Mr. Beanz

I like watching "Cops" on TV. I don't watch much on the tube but this show is just too funny! Just about every person that is stopped and arrested has no idea, not mine officer, I don't know who put those drugs there, I didn't know the crack was on my seat somebody must have tossed it into my car at a stop light ha ha! Very few man up and take responsibility.

I myself have never been arrested but would like to hear your arrest story, any cop encounters, and were you innocent like all the other arrestees? :lol:

My cop encounters would be weak.

1) Do you know why I stopped you? 1 of the bulbs that lights up your license plate is out. Um 1 of 2? Yes. Do you do drugs? No, OK have a good evening and get that bulb replaced.

2) Do you know why I pulled you over? No. I couldn't see the driver as you drove by. I saw you and thought I made eye contact with you. I could not see you from the shoulders down so if I have suspicion, I have the right to stop you. Well I am 6'1 and clearly the top of the door on my truck is not any higher than my chest so my shoulders are visible and the tint on my truck is the recommended legal limit from the tint shop.  Well I could not see you so I stopped you. There are lots of night clubs around here so I thought you might be under the influence. No, my wife and I are just out for a cruise and some fresh air. Are you sure you are not coming form a night club? I am sure and if we had been at a night club, I'm pretty sure my wife would not be dressed in her Snoopy pajamas. :dontknow:

3) Do you know why I stopped you? No. Somebody in a maroon truck was going around causing a disturbance. Umm, I just bought a new truck, it's like 2 days old and I would not start a disturbance in my new truck. Some dude pulls up behind me and the 2 cop cars and starts shouting, "That's the guy, that's the guy!" I did get a little nervous and thought WTF but I remained cool. Cop asked what are you doing around here? I am looking for the Green Burrito, getting some goodies for the wife and I. Let me see your license. NO problem. Cop says no, this is not the guy thank you have a good evening! Excuse me, do you know where I can find the Green Burrito? ^_^

Once. For outstanding parking tickets! Being a country boy, when I moved into town, I was ignorant to the fact you could not leave a car parked on the street for more than 24 hours without moving it. I had a car that wasn't winter friendly that accumulated a pile of tickets. Got a letter from the city attorney and went down to take care of it. I thought that was the end of it.

Fast forward a year. The night before one of my co-workers said a Sheriff's deputy came in looking for me. Didn't say why. I figured it was a guy I knew from High School just bored and stopping to say hi. I was working at a grocery store at the time. The next day a deputy came in and arrested me during the busiest part of the day. When I asked why I was told Failure to Appear for outstanding parking tickets.  I told him I had resolved that with the city attorney over a year ago. Apparently one had not gone delinquent at that time.

I asked why they didn't call me. They said they had, but my phone was disconnected. (Not true). I asked why I didn't get a letter. He said they sent one. I asked where. They sent it to my previous address even though I had done all the mail forwarding rigamarole. The current resident never returned the mail so they assumed I got it.

So I was fingerprinted and got to spend a couple hours in jail until I could get bail and resolve the fiasco! Yeah. I can identify with Arlo Guthrie and the Group W bench!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

yes...once in Tijuana, once in my home town and once in Chicago

I was only guilty the time at home and did my five days in jail...traffic tickets.

Tijuana was for beating up several locals...I was in the Navy and there on liberty and they tried to roll me for my money...I won and got arrested....even tho they were not supposed to, the base legal officer got me out the next morning...I had many good witnesses and they alerted the base legal officer.

Chicago was funny, out of the service and hitchhicking thru Chicago to go see a girl in Minnesota...I flashed a peace sign to a police officer. he immediately stopped me and found I had Id and money and therefore was not vagrant...so I was arrested for "disrespect to an officer of the law"....one phone to my mom, she called family attorney and I was out the next morning.

Tijuana jail was better than the Cook county jail

• Heart 1

I flashed a peace sign to a police officer. he immediately stopped me and found I had Id and money and therefore was not vagrant...so I was arrested for "disrespect to an officer of the law"....

Dude, you're like a freakin' Rambo!  :lol:

I knew you'd have some bad boy stories! :D

Oh that would suck! People who have no idea probably thought the worse of you. All they see is some dude getting cuffed. :(

Yup. Fortunately I had been there long enough, most of the staff knew me and believed me. However, we just got a new manager. Even after explaining what happened, he immediately slashed my hours so I lost all insurance benefits. He would then give me hours that I needed until I was 1 week short of getting benefits again and schedule me below the minimum again.  It was a tough economy at the time, but I found a new job after a couple months and was able to move on. Learned a couple years later he was caught doing a few other under-handed activities (as well as doing the cashier supervisor) and was removed.

• Heart 1

Came close a couple of times but I do a good, yes sir, no sir and always got off with a warning.

When I was 21 or 22 my best friend from HS was back in town on leave from the Navy.  We went out for a few beers and around 11, on our way to get some greasy grub, I was pulled over for speeding.  I was probably 5 to 10 over the limit and was willing to take the speeding ticket to avoid a DWI infraction, which could have happened.  My friend Dave didn't think I was speeding and that I should fight 'the man'.  He tended to get beligerent when drinking.  Long story short, Dave was arrested, I didn't get a ticket, just adivised that I should go straight home.  Dave's dad bailed him out the next day.

• Heart 1

Arrested no. But when I was still in highschool I had two cops draw their guns and yell at me to get back in the vehicle. One had a shotgun, :o CLICK-CLICK. :o  Just a suggestion, never try to talk the cops out of giving your buddy a DUI at 3 am.  :rolleyes:

Funny but I once got a chick out of a ticket at 3 am. Years ago I had this "friend", I'm sorry, a "good friend". OK, she was a "_ _ _ _ buddy". (you fill in the blanks ^_^ )

We left a club and heading to a rendezvous point (OK, a hotel). She got pulled over for rolling through a sign. I pulled up ahead and stopped while the cop approached her car. He asked then she told him that I was waiting for her cause we were on our way to have some fun. So he told her to be careful and let her go! B)

So not all cops are bad and if that officer happens to read this, thank you very much and Geeowtdamm!  :panting_dog-119:

oh yea. Outstanding tickets, hauled in for wreckless looking with intent, suspicion of holding drugs... I mean, I had long hair and played in blues bands in Texas. Naturally, I've ridden in the back of a cop car. In Texas, if you got long hair that's probable cause right there. You throw in a guitar, and somebody's going to jail

• Heart 1

Yep.

1977 Saranac Lake, NY Buddy of mine and myself were low on gas and looking to fuel up. Gas station looked open(lights on) but nobody home. We decided to try to make the 11 or 12 miles to Lake Placid.

Someone saw us peering in the windows of the station and immediately thought B&E and called the police because we "looked" suspicious. We had long hair.

We were stopped and searched as well as the car. Found a roach in the ashtray and proceeded to our apartment to search that. Since I was subletting from him and his GF, they had to give permission to search my room. Of course they didn't. :D

Charges dropped.

• Heart 1

some day Beanz I will tell you about the day I was kicked out of Texas by a State Trooper....

and yeah Chicgo in 1970 wear Hippie clothes with long hair was making me guilty before I ever did anything....sure glad I was flush with money and ID and no drugs

• Heart 1

some day Beanz I will tell you about the day I was kicked out of Texas by a State Trooper....

and yeah Chicgo in 1970 wear Hippie clothes with long hair was making me guilty before I ever did anything....sure glad I was flush with money and ID and no drugs

Dude, the first time I saw you at the LA Convention Center when we met, I thought to myself as I approached you, "oh yeah, this dude is guilty!"   :lol:

Yes.  I ran with some guys that had fast cars and little common sense.  Unbeknownst to me, they would use my name if they got pulled over and where in warrant status, as they knew my address and date of birth.

So late one night, on a weekend home from college,  I pull up in front of my parents house in my blacked out El Camino.  The police had received a suspicious persons report and they saw me parking, pulled up and wanted my ID.  Turns out someone had forgotten to pay a ticket in my name.  I got arrested in my front yard and mom and dad got to watch.  They then drove down and bailed me out.   That was fun.