For sale

Square Wheels

I think we should trade Brady for a few good cheerleaders.  He's done.  I think he has been for a few years now.

Would you call last night a "benching"?  It's tough to see that happen.  We have had a good run but it looks like this could be the end.

"I feel like one of the Seven Dwarves.... when they think that Snow White's dead."

That being said - Garoppolo looked OK out there.  Can lightning strike twice?

I didn't watch the whole game.  They have given no indication this season that they had the ability to turn the game around.  I get up before 5am, no chance I was staying up for that mess.

I'll keep watching this season, but I hope Brady lives up to his words:

“I love playing for this team and I love representing this team and hopefully I can do that for as long as I can. When I suck, I’ll retire. But I don’t plan on sucking for a long time. So hopefully that leads me to being here and there’s no place I’d rather be. I love this game and I love working hard at it. I've had a lot of people over the years tell me the things I couldn't do and I think that’s always been great motivation for me to try to go out there an accomplish things that I think I can do so hopefully I can continue to play at a really high level for a long period of time.

I think we should trade Brady for a few good cheerleaders.  He's done.  I think he has been for a few years now.

I didn't see the game, but I highly doubt that Brady is done.  With but a few exceptions, most NFL teams would LOVE to have Tom Brady at quarterback.

BTW, don't look up.  You might see the sky is falling.   :o  :frantics:

I think Brady has been mediocre for the past few years.  He was one of the best when he was in his prime, but he isn't any longer.

If other teams want him, and we can get a few good ball boys, I say trade him.

IIRC, they were within a few points of going to the Superbowl last year.  Yep, they really suck.   :rolleyes:

Question, does this really get to you as much as the post makes it sound? I listen to the guys here at work on Monday as they rant and rave about what 'their' teams did wrong or didn't do right; f'd up calls by the refs, by the coaching staff, etc .. And they really are that upset. Some guys won't even come to work after a loss.

I truly don't understand this. I never have. What is in it for you as a fan? Really?

• Heart 1

Question, does this really get to you as much as the post makes it sound? I listen to the guys here at work on Monday as they rant and rave about what 'their' teams did wrong or didn't do right; f'd up calls by the refs, by the coaching staff, etc .. And they really are that upset. Some guys won't even come to work after a loss.

I truly don't understand this. I never have. What is in it for you as a fan? Really?

I can't even imagine sitting down and spending 3-4 hours just watching a game on TV.  Who does that?  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, temp is 75F, and people are holed up in their houses watching football.  Idiots.   :(

• Heart 1

I can't even imagine sitting down and spending 3-4 hours just watching a game on TV.  Who does that?  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, temp is 75F, and people are holed up in their houses watching football.  Idiots.   :(

Not usually true for me.  If it is one during a nice Sunday afternoon I'll "tape" the game and watch it later, sans commercials.  Last night was after work, it was nice to lie on the couch and watch part of the game.

Same for hockey, I like to watch, don't get upset if they win or lose and use it as downtime where I don't have to think.  I don't sacrifice quality time with my family for it though.

People like what they like. I don't begrudge that. I can spend time reading books or watching movies that others might find a waste of time. But it's that emotional, often incapacitating or angry, personal responses to the games that get me.

On an upset scale of 1-10, I'm a 1.
I understand very little of the game, I never played in school.
I do watch most Pats games, and I do like it when they win, but I don't not lose a minute of sleep over it.

Cool. My older brother was a diehard Dallas fan. When they lost, his entire day was ruined. Hed get upset with his wife, his children. Just be grumpy. I never understood that.

It is football, and it is FUCKING AWESOME!

It really is the best sport for viewing.  Lots of action, and clearly defined breaks for peeing and getting beer, food, and whatnot.  Really, though, it is great for gambling, too, probably the easiest sport to understand the gambling options.  Very social, too. 

Good stuff, this football.

It is football, and it is FUCKING AWESOME!

It really is the best sport for viewing.  Lots of action, and clearly defined breaks for peeing and getting beer, food, and whatnot.  Really, though, it is great for gambling, too, probably the easiest sport to understand the gambling options.  Very social, too. 

Good stuff, this football.

You left out the scantily clad cheerleaders.

He's dead, doesn't really call himself anything now...

He grew up on the east coast and lived there most of his life. Not sure what the draw was. He liked that whole "America's Team" thing.

Yeah, we used to have a lot of Cowboys fans around here back when they were winning a lot.  Not so much these days, or they are in hiding.   :)

Well, I like football, and I can watch a full game.  I would surf the web or even fall asleep if the game is a bit slow or dull, or maybe stretch a bit or cook something good while it is on, or I can just stare at the screen and love it all if it is nothing but razzle-dazzle.

3 hours well spent, I have no problem doing that at all.