I fondled iphone 6 and 6+ today.

Randomguy

Are you still getting the monster, KT?

Yes, it's already ordered. The problem is that they were so overwhelmed with orders (surprise?), I won't get it until the end of October.

I use the phone for web surfing and such more than I do as a phone (I think most people do these days). That's why I wanted the big one. All the people I've talked to who went to the ridiculously big phones have been happy with that choice.

Yes, it's already ordered. The problem is that they were so overwhelmed with orders (surprise?), I won't get it until the end of October.

I use the phone for web surfing and such more than I do as a phone (I think most people do these days). That's why I wanted the big one. All the people I've talked to who went to the ridiculously big phones have been happy with that choice.

I think you are crazy, but I support your craziness.  In addition, I will attempt to borrow that pizza-box sized caricature of a phone when we hang out, if I need to surf the web at that time for some reason.

It sure had a purty screen, I will admit.

• Heart 1

All the people I've talked to who went to the ridiculously big phones have been happy with that choice.

I have the Galaxy S4, and while it's not ridiculously big, it is medium big.  I like it, my wife hates it.  She has an iPhone 5 and will not upgrade because the new ones are too big.

I could do bigger, but I have no reason to upgrade, plus I need to wait until the spring.

I have the Galaxy S4, and while it's not ridiculously big, it is medium big.  I like it, my wife hates it.  She has an iPhone 5 and will not upgrade because the new ones are too big.

I could do bigger, but I have no reason to upgrade, plus I need to wait until the spring.

Galaxy S4 looks about the same size as the regular iPhone 6.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/08/21/iphone-6-vs-galaxy-s4-video-specs-size-more/

• Heart 1

I went to the mall on Sat. to pick up the wife's contacts from the optmetrist.  Had to pass by the apple store...and all the mirmidons were in line waiting to get into the place.  It was packed....and I do mean packed. 

Fucking nuts that that  many people are so beholden to that company they have to have the latest and greatest iPhone or iPad or AirMac or what have you....just nuts.

Fucking nuts that that  many people are so beholden to that company they have to have the latest and greatest iPhone or iPad or AirMac or what have you....just nuts.

There are a lot of people "beholden to that company", but don't assume everybody there is like that. I know tons of people who just like the product they make, but aren't crazy Apple Fan boys. I'm becoming an Apple user (ipad, and soon an iphone), but I'm not an Apple Fan Boy by any stretch. I won't tell you that their stuff is perfect. It's far from it.....I just find it the best choice for my needs right now.

There are a lot of people "beholden to that company", but don't assume everybody there is like that. I know tons of people who just like the product they make, but aren't crazy Apple Fan boys. I'm becoming an Apple user (ipad, and soon an iphone), but I'm not an Apple Fan Boy by any stretch. I won't tell you that their stuff is perfect. It's far from it.....I just find it the best choice for my needs right now.

If you' re going to stand in line for a day just to buy a fucking phone, you're a fan boy.....and I'm not necessarily saying you are one, but those people at the mall are.

If you' re going to stand in line for a day just to buy a fucking phone, you're a fan boy.....and I'm not necessarily saying you are one, but those people at the mall are.

Agreed....but I was just saying just because someone is at a busy Apple store doesn't make them a fan boy. I'd never wait in a line like that for a product.

I went to the mall on Sat. to pick up the wife's contacts from the optmetrist.  Had to pass by the apple store...and all the mirmidons were in line waiting to get into the place.  It was packed....and I do mean packed. 

Beholden?  I don't think that is possible any more.  There are some fanboys still, but there are plenty of Galaxy fanboys now, too.  The fact of the matter is that the iphone is still the most appealing phone out there, and the wireless carriers are really driving it up several levels with their free iphone 6 trade in offers.  The latest phone for free?  Who is going to turn that down?

btw, you should be using a windows phone. :)

The top of the line hearing aids I got earlier this year only work with iphone (iOS products), like a LOT of hardware devices that are designed to work with small electronics. That's probably the biggest thing driving me to iOS products now. (That and I'm tired of Android, interface getting worse with every update and there are so many flavors that it's difficult for manufacturers to make them work with a lot of physical devices).